Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 468

Thread: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

  1. #231
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i don't believe a person making 50k doesn't pay taxes. the top 20% own all the wealth, why shouldn't they pay all the taxes?
    There has been no evidence posted that people making 50k pay no taxes. It has only been claimed
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #232
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Which is why nobody has yet been able to explain to me who qualifies as "rich" or "fair share", I'd imagine. Saying that 250k is rich for every single person at that income level is inaccurate, naive, and reckless. Taxing based solely on income fails to take into account the very real existence of different COLs across the country.
    Absolutely true and not something I would say.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #233
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Wealth =/= income. You want to tax them again for what they've already paid tax on? Or you just want to tax their income? Because we can take everything they make every year and it still won't balance the budget.
    The rightwings opposition to the estate tax has made the wealth of the rich immune to taxes on the income that created that wealth. All they can do is demand proof which they then ignore if the facts argue against their devotion to protect the richs' wealth
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #234
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I'm sorry, I can't understand you over all of the hacking. Your style of debate isn't accomplishing anything, so why do you keep using it?
    I have considered your well-intentioned advice and rejected it.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #235
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Absolutely true and not something I would say.
    I've never seen you say it..didn't mean to imply that I did. Sorry!
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #236
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The rightwings opposition to the estate tax has made the wealth of the rich immune to taxes on the income that created that wealth. All they can do is demand proof which they then ignore if the facts argue against their devotion to protect the richs' wealth
    That little bit of hackish BS has nothing to do with what I posted.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  7. #237
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I'd support the creation of a new bracket for those making $1M or more and tax them at a higher rate
    so do i.

    12345

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #238
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    There has been no evidence posted that people making 50k pay no taxes. It has only been claimed
    People making under 50k do pay taxes. Most but not all pay more than one kind of tax. All employed people pay FICA to the best of my knowledge.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #239
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    First of all, you are only talking about federal income taxes -- not total tax burden. Most of the lower 50% do contribute payroll taxes, (regressive) sales taxes, and state and local taxes. All told they pay a considerable amount in taxes even if they don't pay FIT.

    If you look at total tax burden, the bottom fifth pays 16%. The next fifth pays 21%. And the next fifth pays 25%. In contrast, the top 1% pays 30% -- not that much higher as a percentage of income. In fact, the top 1% pays a slightly lower percentage than the next 9%.
    That's a good point about payroll taxes. Over the years, the rich have shifted their share of the tax burden onto the working class by increasing the portion of the total tax burden attributable to payroll taxes. The portion of the tax burden paid through payroll taxes has QUADRUPLED over the years

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #240
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I've never seen you say it..didn't mean to imply that I did. Sorry!
    No, you where cool. I was just trying to be clear on my point.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •