Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 468

Thread: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

  1. #211
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The rightwingers defense of the rich is so lacking in fact that they have to deny what everyone knows; that in recent years the rich have received massive bailouts funded by the middle class with their tax dollars.

    Anyone can say whatever you want, wherever you want, as long they abide by the rules. I'll exercise my choices however I please.
    And again, proof. Provide a link, some document, something that shows a correllation/causation, or any relatable piece of information that proves your point. You can't, because it's all idealistic nonsense and you damned well know it. Then, you want to go and generalize an entire group of people because of an idiot ideologue's message instead of having an honest debate.

    And you're right, you can do whatever you want...but being a hack and spewing a bunch of indefensible crap, generalizing against as many people as you can, and being annoyingly repetitive? Those things will win you no points for validity, no respect in the argument. Either speak honestly and back up your claims, or stop repeating yourself over and over again thinking it's going to accomplish anything. You'll notice, even the people you agree with provide more than hackish nonsense to make a point. And they back up their claims with connectable facts. Perhaps it's something you could learn from.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #212
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    That depends on the rest of the story? Do they live in the same town, same development? Or is one making 250K in New York City, trying to pay for a 900 sq. foot apartment and barely making it by, while the other makes 30k in Fort Wayne, IN and owns a 2100 sq. ft home? That's the problem with arbitrarily picking a number based on what percentage of people make that amount (or whatever logic they're using). Far more goes into determining somebody's financial status than just income. Their geographic location, debts, dependents, medical condition....all of it can make two people with vastly different incomes markedly similar onces all of the chips are counted.
    You are talking cost of living. I am talking amount of cash after taxes. You really cannot compare a wealthy family living in a 2500 sq ft house with a poor family living in a 750 sq ft apartment. Yes, the rich person has more money going to mortgage than the poor person, but they also are getting more. Expenses for the rich tend to be higher, because the rich buy nicer things.

    Throw in cost of living variations by location, and things get way too complex to compare without a spreadsheet, a math degree, and massive spare time.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #213
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I beleive that the rich should pay their fair share before they start whining about how others aren't paying their fair share.
    The top 1% of wage earners make 20% of all income and pay 38% of all FIT taxes.
    The top 5% of wage earners make 34.7% of all income and pay 58.7% of all FIT taxes.
    The top 10% of wage earners make 45.8% of all income and pay 69.9% of all FIT taxes.

    The bottom 50% make 12.8% of all income and pay 2.7% of all FIT taxes.

    Currently approximately 47% of all Americans pay nothing in FIT and actually get money back making their tax rate negative.

  4. #214
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Too bad that "one trick pony" confuses you with facts, logic, and common sense as I never get an answer from you.
    "Facts" is plural. All I've seen is ONE fact, which the rich and their rightwing supporters endlessly repeat while ignoring the mountain of evidence which shows how the rich are profiting from the labors of the middle class.

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #215
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Jesus taught us all Free will, never taking from someone else to give to others. he left that to the compassion of others and would reward people accordingly. You and your ilk are looking for forced redistribution and that goes against the teachings of Jesus
    Jesus also said "Render unto Cesar..."

    And it's the rich who are using their bought off politicians to forcefully redistribute wealth
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #216
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    And again, proof. Provide a link, some document, something that shows a correllation/causation, or any relatable piece of information that proves your point. You can't, because it's all idealistic nonsense and you damned well know it. Then, you want to go and generalize an entire group of people because of an idiot ideologue's message instead of having an honest debate.

    And you're right, you can do whatever you want...but being a hack and spewing a bunch of indefensible crap, generalizing against as many people as you can, and being annoyingly repetitive? Those things will win you no points for validity, no respect in the argument. Either speak honestly and back up your claims, or stop repeating yourself over and over again thinking it's going to accomplish anything. You'll notice, even the people you agree with provide more than hackish nonsense to make a point. And they back up their claims with connectable facts. Perhaps it's something you could learn from.
    I will not be diverted by absurd requests to prove what everyone knows - that the rich have recieved massive bailouts from the govt.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #217
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Jesus also said "Render unto Cesar..."

    And it's the rich who are using their bought off politicians to forcefully redistribute wealth
    Yes, meaning again free will, NOT forced redistribution

  8. #218
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I will not be diverted by absurd requests to prove what everyone knows - that the rich have recieved massive bailouts from the govt.
    You will never be diverted from your talking points and political act

  9. #219
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    lol....i am so confused. yes, it's hard stuff, that math. what does 38% + 58.7% + 69.9 % equal? where did you get your numbers again? bls, was it? or was it bls, or bls?
    Verifiable non partisan sources, frustrates you, doesn't it?

  10. #220
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are talking cost of living. I am talking amount of cash after taxes. You really cannot compare a wealthy family living in a 2500 sq ft house with a poor family living in a 750 sq ft apartment. Yes, the rich person has more money going to mortgage than the poor person, but they also are getting more. Expenses for the rich tend to be higher, because the rich buy nicer things.

    Throw in cost of living variations by location, and things get way too complex to compare without a spreadsheet, a math degree, and massive spare time.
    Which is why nobody has yet been able to explain to me who qualifies as "rich" or "fair share", I'd imagine. Saying that 250k is rich for every single person at that income level is inaccurate, naive, and reckless. Taxing based solely on income fails to take into account the very real existence of different COLs across the country.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •