Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 468

Thread: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

  1. #191
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, good Lord, another percentage change argument. Since those evil rich people are already paying 38% of the FIT they already start at a disadvantage of spendable income over people who pay zero. Nice try but irrelevant.
    The rich are devoid of compassion that they think simply paying their small portion of the total tax burden is "charity"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #192
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I have posted charts which show the results of the wealthys decade long plan to soak the middle class. The rightwingers refuse to respond or even consider the reality portrayed by those facts.
    What you haven't proven is the bolded. You keep spewing this crap about the wealthy being lazy welfare recipients (funny...really, really funny) but other than a few charts which do not show causation you haven't provided anything to back up an annoyingly repetitive claim.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #193
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    lmao....yes, the poor disadvantaged rich. truly a sad, sad, tale.

    how ridiculous can you be? what "spendable income" is left for poor people after they pay rent and buy food, gas and necessities? MORE than rich people? uh-huh.
    The wealthy and their supporters will not answer such questions. They have cherry picked the stats and found one that makes them look good. They focus on their one argument to the exclusion of any other fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The rich are devoid of compassion that they think simply paying their small portion of the total tax burden is "charity"
    Care to define rich. Obama has two definitions, first any couple earning more than $250K annually or second "Millionaires and Billionaires". Do you have a third definition. Is it every person that has assets in excess of $1 million or something different.

  5. #195
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,289
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, good Lord, another percentage change argument. Since those evil rich people are already paying 38% of the FIT they already start at a disadvantage of spendable income over people who pay zero. Nice try but irrelevant.
    Oh good lord. It's not percent change, it is percent of income. It is clearly labeled as that in fact.

    The reason some people no Federal Income tax is because their income is so low. If you are wealthy, you in fact have more income, even when it is taxed. Paying 0 % of 30k means you have 30k income, paying 38 % of 250 k means you have 155k income. Who has more spendable income?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #196
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    What you haven't proven is the bolded. You keep spewing this crap about the wealthy being lazy welfare recipients (funny...really, really funny) but other than a few charts which do not show causation you haven't provided anything to back up an annoyingly repetitive claim.
    I have posted about all the govt welfare the rich recieve. They get bailouts while the middle class gets screwed because those "hard workers" in the top 1% couldn't make dime one without the middle class bailing them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #197
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    lmao....yes, the poor disadvantaged rich. truly a sad, sad, tale.

    how ridiculous can you be? what "spendable income" is left for poor people after they pay rent and buy food, gas and necessities? MORE than rich people? uh-huh.
    How much more of your money are you sending to the govt. so they can take care of those people you claim you care about? What is ridiculous is a belief that the govt. can solve social problems. That is the role of the state and local communities, not the Federal Govt. How much are you spending in food, gasoline, and other necessities for the poor?

  8. #198
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The wealthy and their supporters will not answer such questions. They have cherry picked the stats and found one that makes them look good. They focus on their one argument to the exclusion of any other fact.
    this whole argument is ridiculous. EVERYONE wants to pay less in taxes. some of us just realize that reality is smacking us in the face.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #199
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I have posted about all the govt welfare the rich recieve. They get bailouts while the middle class gets screwed because those "hard workers" in the top 1% couldn't make dime one without the middle class bailing them out.
    You saying it happens doesn't make it actually happen. I could say I poop jelly beans, but that doesn't make it true. Neither does saying it in every single thread, multiple times, without cause or correllation.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #200
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: BREAKING: President Obama Addresses the Nation Tonight at 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How much more of your money are you sending to the govt. so they can take care of those people you claim you care about? What is ridiculous is a belief that the govt. can solve social problems. That is the role of the state and local communities, not the Federal Govt. How much are you spending in food, gasoline, and other necessities for the poor?
    The middle class is paying more than their fair share of all taxes, so the rich can get a free ride on the back of the middle class. The middle class also gives a higher portion of the income to charity. By all measures, the rich have shown that they are devoid of compassion and conscience.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •