Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 56 of 56

Thread: 150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs

  1. #51
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: 150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs

    What? No pictures of bird men?

  2. #52
    Mildly Hostile
    505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,363

    Re: 150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    but if you've got information to suggest that our mastery of genetics is more advanced than my perception then b all means provide this information for the rest of us.
    You must have forgotten where I live (Los Alamos / Albuquerque) and where I work (LANL / Sandia). I won't be breaking any NDA's for you, but our mastery of genetics is more advanced than your perception. The fact that you once again think your gut somehow trumps actual knowledge is not surprising, as you do it all the time in your other alarmist/conspiracy threads.

    Here's a tip: If you admittedly DO NOT know something, go get EDUCATED. Go ask somebody that DOES know. Filling in all the gaps with "knowledge" you have gained about the world through Hollywood is the worst way to go about things, yet you do it ALL THE TIME. Pretty annoying actually.
    Disclaimer: If you are offended by the above post, and you aren't a SJW or truther, grow a pair.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: 150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs

    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    You must have forgotten where I live (Los Alamos / Albuquerque) and where I work (LANL / Sandia). I won't be breaking any NDA's for you, but our mastery of genetics is more advanced than your perception. The fact that you once again think your gut somehow trumps actual knowledge is not surprising, as you do it all the time in your other alarmist/conspiracy threads.

    Here's a tip: If you admittedly DO NOT know something, go get EDUCATED. Go ask somebody that DOES know. Filling in all the gaps with "knowledge" you have gained about the world through Hollywood is the worst way to go about things, yet you do it ALL THE TIME. Pretty annoying actually.
    Go back a few posts, and find the papers I listed... the more what you say is true, the more likely that means that the "side-effects" from those various studies and papers I've linked to so far, the more advanced human knowledge in genetics the more that implies that the side-effects are intentional. Or, if it is NOT intentional, then they don't know as much as they think they know.

    Also, just because you are able to MANIPULATE genetics in such a way that you know the results you're going to get does NOT mean that this modification will represent a genetic change that will remain viable into future generations. It's a very different matter to simply understand the specific code and the replication of the code... If I had seen any sources to suggest that they have even CONSIDERED the genetic recombination during replication to such a degree that you can understand how a genetic modification might manifest some 10-20 -5000 generations down the line.

    Seriously, now, I'd be more hard pressed to make this argument if the GMO's being produced were even worth while on a the humanitarian note that they were first sold as being, if they were modifying, as example, tomatoes that grow twice as big, twice as fast and needing only half the water to still produce fruit. Thats' the types of solutions that might save the world (if it could be done in such a way without adding random animal genetics into plants, somehow that's just creepy to know that your salmon is a portion of cockroach)... but instead all we see as fruits of this discipline are :
    - terminator seeds
    - roundup ready seeds (herbicide / pesticide resistant plants)
    - producing their own bacteria internally.
    - spider goats (this one is one that I could support for military purposes, so long as those spider-goats don't wind up in the food chain)
    - and now we find out about all these other chimera's and cross-species mutants (that are allegedly kept in the embryonic stage, even though there are admittedly locations that are more secretive located in countries with more lax regulations)

    So, ya... on the scale of concerns, given the potential problems, I'm far more concerned with the potentials of genetic engineering, as it's being done... than in worrying about CO2, or terrorists.

    Put it this way : I trust the millions of years of evolution handling genetics through the ecosystem then I trust in scientists working in secret labs with no regulation admittedly working crossing plants with animals, plants with insects, animals with humans, or whatever concoction comes across their minds.

    It just backs up my theory that whenever there's a button that's created that has earth ending potential, but a better chance to produce something crazy, you can bet that a scientist will push that button and will justify it by saying that if they don't do it then someone else will. (Ex : first nuclear bomb test, certain experiments with the HAARP array (based on interviews with the scientists from that facility), the large hadron collider, etc).

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-11 @ 06:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133

    Re: 150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Link for story: Embryos involving the genes of animals mixed with humans have been produced secretively for the past three years | Mail Online

    It's pretty cool with lots of potential for developing treatments otherwise unavailable. People will panic because it has the word "human" in it, but many of us knew this was happening, and there is nothing inappropriate.
    There are plenty of half animal/half humans all over right now.

  5. #55
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Link for story: Embryos involving the genes of animals mixed with humans have been produced secretively for the past three years | Mail Online

    It's pretty cool with lots of potential for developing treatments otherwise unavailable. People will panic because it has the word "human" in it, but many of us knew this was happening, and there is nothing inappropriate.
    people crap themselves and assume that scientists are creating legions of half human-half animal babies. it just ain't happening. just another in a long line of "conspiracies"
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: 150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    people crap themselves and assume that scientists are creating legions of half human-half animal babies. it just ain't happening. just another in a long line of "conspiracies"
    Ok, so what is the only difference between creating these hybrid creatures to the point of being an embryo OR a fully developed creature?? The time it takes for the thing to develop to the point where it's self-sustaining.

    So, since it's admitted that they have these beings hidden in labs, "kept at embryonic stage", but "there are labs in countries with less regulation", and we already know about clones that have been created of animals.

    I'm glad you put "conspiracy" in quotations... Could you even argue that simply creating these beings is an actual "conspiracy" as opposed to say a "collaboration"???

    So, are you calling the folks at these various news agencies liars?? Or were you just saying that these scientists have the ethics to terminate these things before they become truly alive? If the latter, what is your basis for this belief?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •