Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 144

Thread: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

  1. #21
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    At age 27, yeah it is. Most of the other people on Club 27 died of alcohol/drugs, and those were all shocking as well.
    Somehow when a person has known drug problems, is viewed in public with those problems, goes to rehab multiple times and then is found dead at age 27... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say of an OVERDOSE, it's not shocking. It's a shame.. a waste .. even a pity. But not shocking.

    Do you think "Fat man found eating a jelly donut" is also shocking? See... I don't.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #22
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    -- Do you think "Fat man found eating a jelly donut" is also shocking? See... I don't.
    Well, you tried that line 3 times now and it still isn't funny.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

    I'm not surprised.

    She had her fun, now she's done.

    Sad.

  4. #24
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Somehow when a person has known drug problems, is viewed in public with those problems, goes to rehab multiple times and then is found dead at age 27... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say of an OVERDOSE, it's not shocking. It's a shame.. a waste .. even a pity. But not shocking.

    Do you think "Fat man found eating a jelly donut" is also shocking? See... I don't.
    While the method of death may not be shocking, the fact that anyone dies can definitely be shocking.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,477

    Re: Amy Winehouse found dead in London home Sky News Reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Well, not ALL of the talented ones leave us too soon, thankfully.
    Keith Richards is still playing.

    Doing those kind of drugs is teasing with death. Same thing as when young with friends would race a train across intersection ( no crossing gates ). Never got touched although we did have the inside of our car lit up like a mega watt fluorescent light from the train's light. But when you are young you just feel bulletproof.

  6. #26
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    Well, you tried that line 3 times now and it still isn't funny.
    That's good because it wasn't meant to be funny, it's called a comparison to make a point. Still not shocked.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #27
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Amy Winehouse found dead in London home Sky News Reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Keith Richards is still playing.

    Doing those kind of drugs is teasing with death. Same thing as when young with friends would race a train across intersection ( no crossing gates ). Never got touched although we did have the inside of our car lit up like a mega watt fluorescent light from the train's light. But when you are young you just feel bulletproof.
    Keith Richards is only alive through sheer luck. Scientists will later be baffled by him.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Amy Winehouse found dead in London home Sky News Reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Keith Richards is only alive through sheer luck. Scientists will later be baffled by him.
    There was a BBC documentary on Lemmy (you would be surprised at the hero-worship from major bands including Richards and Ozzy Osbourne for his alcohol and drugs lifestyle) last night and he has an absolute hatred for cocaine and heroin based substances. Winehouse struggled against cocaine and heroin apparently.

    According to a BBC report, she had recently finished a rehab course so may have made the classic mistake of taking a dose that she would have been used to before her treatment.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Amy Winehouse found dead in London home Sky News Reports

    This does not even a merit a shrug from me. Stevie Wonder could see this one coming.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #30
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Amy Winehouse found dead in London home Sky News Reports

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    This does not even a merit a shrug from me. Stevie Wonder could see this one coming.
    A very rare occasion where you and I agree haymarket. THANK YOU!
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •