Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Wu at center of sex allegation

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Wu at center of sex allegation

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Gotta agree with Pete on this.

    Since Wu's not one of those rare family values democrats that promotes "no means no" and looks down upon someone in power coercing young teenagers into sex, there's nothing hypocritical here, so it's a big so what.
    WOW, are you saying it takes a family values democrat to understand that "no mean no"? Are you saying that you don't understand the concept?

  2. #82
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Wu at center of sex allegation

    I think the point some of the left leaning posters are trying to make is that hypocrisy can occur to degrees.

    I think all politicians tacitly run on "family values". A lot of republicans tout their "family values" as one of the main reasons why someone should vote for them over the "anti-family" democrat. They're "stronger" on family values than their democratic counterpart. When that very same person then gets caught having a gay three-way in a church... it's not just hypocritical, it's extremely hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Unicorns are the legitimate scientific study of biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    By the way unicorns to science are not mythology. They can be studied by biology because they are an animal.

  3. #83
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Wu at center of sex allegation

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    WOW, are you saying it takes a family values democrat to understand that "no mean no"? Are you saying that you don't understand the concept?
    (Am pretty sure he was being sarcastic...)



    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  4. #84
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wu at center of sex allegation

    Just to make the point...rape and sexual harassment have exactly jack **** to do with the usual meanings of family values. Hypocrisy or not is not an issue here, but potential criminal activity.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #85
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Wu at center of sex allegation

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    I think the point some of the left leaning posters are trying to make is that hypocrisy can occur to degrees.

    I think all politicians tacitly run on "family values". A lot of republicans tout their "family values" as one of the main reasons why someone should vote for them over the "anti-family" democrat. They're "stronger" on family values than their democratic counterpart. When that very same person then gets caught having a gay three-way in a church... it's not just hypocritical, it's extremely hypocritical.
    So...straight up...dood is getting hit with an allegation of unwanted sexual conduct...why are we talking about ANYTHING or ANYONE other than Wu?

  6. #86
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Wu at center of sex allegation

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    WOW, are you saying it takes a family values democrat to understand that "no mean no"? Are you saying that you don't understand the concept?
    Only making light of Pete's post, which said this is no big deal because Democrats don't preach family values.

  7. #87
    Verifier
    Gladiator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your Back Yard
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,878

    Re: Wu at center of sex allegation

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    I think I'm with Pete on this one. The key word here is "allegation". These are "alleged" crimes. You are innocent until proven guilty. If it was indeed unwanted I think Pete would agree that he should resign and be punished, but these are only allegations.

    She says it was unwanted, he says it wasn't. The one making the claim has the burden of proof though. It sucks that sex abuse allegations are difficult to prove, but that's the reality of the situation. His past behavior and erratic behavior do not automatically make him guilty. It doesn't mean he's innocent either. We just don't know.

    Personally I think it's a crappy thing to hit on your friend's daughter, but I don't think it's criminal.
    "Unwanted Sex" might mean that she did not initate sex, or ask Wu to have sex. There is no news report indicating that she had said, "No." or given other indications that she was refusing permission.



    //
    _______________________________
    How did Our Oil get under Their Sand?

  8. #88
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Wu at center of sex allegation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    "Unwanted Sex" might mean that she did not initate sex, or ask Wu to have sex. There is no news report indicating that she had said, "No." or given other indications that she was refusing permission.



    //

    Fascinating prism you see the world through.....


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Wu at center of sex allegation

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Only making light of Pete's post, which said this is no big deal because Democrats don't preach family values.
    O.K. sorry, thanks.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •