"He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
1) Obama has to pay interest on all the debt accumulated by Reagan, GHWB, and bush* because it's the law
2) Obama had to spend TARP money in FY2009 and FY2010 because it's the law
3) Obama has to fund Medicare D, passed by republicans, because it's the law
4) Obama has to fund all the pgms in the pork laden Farm, Energy and Transportation bills passed by repulicans, because it's the law
5) Obama has to fund the HSA because it's the law
6) Obama has to fund the TSA because it's the law
7) Obama had to pay unemployment insurance to all the unemployed created by bush* because it's the law
All of those expensive spending bills were passed by a republican congress (except UI, which has been around for decades) and signed into law by a republican president
But it's all Obamas' fault
Joe Wilson at the time was also correct, it was a lie. The outburst was also inappropriate given the setting, but Obama's diahhrea of the mouth does get to some people after a while.
“I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.