Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 415

Thread: Explosions In Norway

  1. #371
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A new desert America.
    Last Seen
    07-25-11 @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    29

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    I am a proponent of the 2nd ammendment. However I do not know of one act of terrorism such as this that was prevented by the Right to Bear Arms.
    The smartest guy in the room.

  2. #372
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The police are holding a press conference as I write this. A few things...

    1) they did not wait as you claim.. in fact your whole time line is wrong.
    They only got a call at 19:27, but that was nearly 30 minutes after it started and lots of twitter messages had come up. They shouldn't have to wait another 10 minutes. Your point that they were so confused that they had to wait 10 minutes more doesn't make sense. After what i heard it was really hard to contact the police, hence it took much longer.

    2) From the first reports till he was arrested it took under an hour, this includes travel time for the special forces.
    Yes, that's horrible. They should have used 20 minutes after the call, not 1 hour. This is not an operation where they even needed special forces. It is one man, not a gang. 5 police men with guns will be able to take him down.

    3) The police dont have transportation helicopters to transport the special forces... only the military has such helicopters.
    They should have helicopters to transport special forces. And they should have easy access to guns. It's not really debated now, but it is going to be a topic later, because if police used 20 minutes after the first call instead of 1 hour, a lot of lives could have been saved.

  3. #373
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Pretty good. You should check out the murder rate for Norway and compare it to the US
    that makes much sense because Norway has exactly the same ethnic distributions in its population as the USA and the same history



  4. #374
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuelrod View Post
    I am a proponent of the 2nd ammendment. However I do not know of one act of terrorism such as this that was prevented by the Right to Bear Arms.
    well in an active shooter case in Colorado (I believe) some nut case started shooting up a church and one of the parishioners-a lady security guard wounded the asswipe and he then blew his own brains out



  5. #375
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,148

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    In Norwegian society, Churches have no need for armed security guards.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  6. #376
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    In Norwegian society, Churches have no need for armed security guards.
    They probably thought socialist youth camps didn't need them either



  7. #377
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    I can't freakin believe this. The maximum penalty in Norway for murder is 21 years and sentences must run concurrently. So this 32 year old monster will most likely walk out of prison a free man one day. Wow, that is some messed up ****.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  8. #378
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that makes much sense because Norway has exactly the same ethnic distributions in its population as the USA and the same history
    they also eat a lot of fish

    I don't know what either has to do with the issue
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #379
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    they also eat a lot of fish

    I don't know what either has to do with the issue

    its called sarcasm

    Norway's murder rate and gun laws have no relevance to the USA



  10. #380
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that makes much sense because Norway has exactly the same ethnic distributions in its population as the USA and the same history
    What would "ethnic distributions" have to do with anything being discussed here?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •