Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 415

Thread: Explosions In Norway

  1. #171
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'm sure a Muslim gave him a cab ride somewhere within the last 10 years. That action probably facilitated this act in some form or manner.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Explosions In NorwayPoor choice.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #172
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Yeah but what does a farmer know about making bombs?
    Uhhhh..... You can find out how to make a bomb pretty easily these days.
    Anarchist Cookbook
    Not saying it wasnt possible that he acted with others (which he probably did, just have to wait and see


  3. #173
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    275

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Yeah but what does a farmer know about making bombs?
    Early reports are that the bomb set in Oslo was a fertilizer bomb. Given that he was a farmer he probably had plenty of it. Add access to the Internet and it is not that hard to find instructions on how to make a bomb.

  4. #174
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Explosions In NorwayGrant and SheWolf. Either one of you bring up Islam again in this thread and you will receive consequences. Oh... and that goes for anyone else, too.
    With all respect CC, this thread has been about Islam since post number 2. I won't talk about it anymore, but debating if the individual had links to the religion or was a terrorist was central to the thread from the beginning.

  5. #175
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    With all respect CC, this thread has been about Islam since post number 2. I won't talk about it anymore, but debating if the individual had links to the religion or was a terrorist was central to the thread from the beginning.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Explosions In NorwayIf you have comments regarding moderation, you MUST submit them via PM. Doing so publicly can result in significant consequences.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #176
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Oslo police have released the name of the man who did this. He is a blond haired, blue eyed, right winger, who apparently acted alone. He has no ties to any right wing hate groups, and police are puzzled because he didn't fit the profile of someone who might do something like this. But this is the definition of a home grown terrorist attack, and it appears he acted alone.

    There is ongoing coverage at this time on CCTV Channel 9 (Chinese English network.)
    Last edited by danarhea; 07-23-11 at 04:13 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #177
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Oslo police have released the name of the man who did this. He is a blond haired, blue eyed, right winger, who apparently acted alone. He has no ties to any right wing hate groups, and police are puzzled because he didn't fit the profile of someone who might do something like this. But this is the definition of a home grown terrorist attack, and it appears he acted alone.

    There is ongoing coverage at this time on CCTV Channel 9 (Chinese English network.)
    He has no ties to right wing hate groups maybe... the police are looking into it, but he is a right wing Christian fundamentalist according to his own twitter and Facebook accounts.

    91+ people dead, most on the island.
    PeteEU

  8. #178
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    He has no ties to right wing hate groups maybe... the police are looking into it, but he is a right wing Christian fundamentalist according to his own twitter and Facebook accounts.

    91+ people dead, most on the island.
    There are lots of right wing Christian fundamentalists in the United States, but someone like Timothy McVeigh is a rarity. I would suspect that the same is true in Norway.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #179
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    He has no ties to right wing hate groups maybe... the police are looking into it, but he is a right wing Christian fundamentalist according to his own twitter and Facebook accounts.

    91+ people dead, most on the island.
    I am just happy he has been captured.

  10. #180
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Explosions In Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    There are lots of right wing Christian fundamentalists in the United States, but someone like Timothy McVeigh is a rarity. I would suspect that the same is true in Norway.
    Of course but saying he has no connections with right wing hate groups is a bit early to say. Considering his online profiles and so on, chances are he does have some sort of link. That is of course provided the online profiles are not fake. But even the police are calling him a Christian fundamentalist and along with the fact he attacked left wing targets, then you have to add the two together and call him a right wing Christian fundamentalist. But we will know more in the coming days/weeks.
    PeteEU

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •