Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 233

Thread: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    LOL! The biased Heritage Foundation is your source? The ones that ask, "What would Reagan do?" You are too ****ing funny!
    At least heritage attempts to be truthful. Obama lies

    I have looked at several sources and yes the gang of six let the top rate of Bush tax cuts expire. That is a tax increase
    Last edited by ptif219; 07-21-11 at 02:35 AM.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    The luxury of not having to pass a balanced budget?
    Obama has not had a budget his whole term why would he start now?

  3. #123
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    At least heritage attempts to be truthful. Obama lies

    I have looked at several sources and yes the gang of six let the top rate of Bush tax cuts expire. That is a tax increase
    Since I posted here last I have read up on the plan offered by the Gang of 6 and can no longer support it. It puts too much additional hardship on the middle class to provide even lower tax rates for the wealthy.

    If you get a temporary cut in your pay, and then it is restored, would you think you got a pay increase?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Since I posted here last I have read up on the plan offered by the Gang of 6 and can no longer support it. It puts too much additional hardship on the middle class to provide even lower tax rates for the wealthy.

    If you get a temporary cut in your pay, and then it is restored, would you think you got a pay increase?
    Nice try but after 10 years it is a tax increase

  5. #125
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    Here's a source I'm sure your comfortable with.

    Obama unveils $3.73 trillion budget for 2012 - politics - White House - msnbc.com



    His fiscal acumen is well on display here:



    Now that's funny, right there. But back to the tax increases you asked about:

    Kind of behind in the times aren't you? We have moved way beyond Obama's proposed 2012 budget. He replaced that proposal with his framework for deficit reduction which is based on the Bowles-Simpson report. That framework was used by the Gang of 6 to develop the bipartisan Congressional proposal, which brings us back to the OP.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #126
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice try but after 10 years it is a tax increase
    The temporary tax cuts came with an expiration date, in writing. They remain temporary tax cuts as they have never been made permanent. They were only extended last year by one year.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #127
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,468

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The temporary tax cuts came with an expiration date, in writing. They remain temporary tax cuts as they have never been made permanent. They were only extended last year by one year.
    Hence the reason that businesses are holding onto their cash; that Obama's promise not to renew those tax cuts again. Duuuuh!!!!

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Kind of behind in the times aren't you? We have moved way beyond Obama's proposed 2012 budget. He replaced that proposal with his framework for deficit reduction which is based on the Bowles-Simpson report. That framework was used by the Gang of 6 to develop the bipartisan Congressional proposal, which brings us back to the OP.
    Thats crap it was not used by the gang of 6. If you are going to claim that prove it.

  9. #129
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Hence the reason that businesses are holding onto their cash; that Obama's promise not to renew those tax cuts again. Duuuuh!!!!
    So you think business refuse to grow because of failure to renew a 3% tax increase? Then how would you explain business growth before the 3% tax cut?

    At least you are correctly referring to it now as not renewing a tax cut rather than a tax increase. I guess that is some progress.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The temporary tax cuts came with an expiration date, in writing. They remain temporary tax cuts as they have never been made permanent. They were only extended last year by one year.
    Yes but only part are going to be allowed to expire so that is a tax increase

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •