Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 233

Thread: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So do I, but do you support this over the status quo?
    No I think it is a compromise that falls short

    Boehner's office says Gang of Six proposal 'appears to fall short' - The Hill's On The Money

  2. #92
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Glad Boehner could help you make up your mind. So you prefer leaving spending levels where they are now........Got it!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Glad Boehner could help you make up your mind. So you prefer leaving spending levels where they are now........Got it!
    No I am for huge cuts. Especially to Planned parenthood and NPR and PBS. I also would like to see all subsidies gone. But that will not happen

    The house plan is good because it calls for a balanced budget.

    Obama does not want that because he has not had a budget his whole presidency

  4. #94
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    I'm new here, but can we ask for a "does not like" button?
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Unicorns are the legitimate scientific study of biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    By the way unicorns to science are not mythology. They can be studied by biology because they are an animal.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    I'm new here, but can we ask for a "does not like" button?
    You can ask for anything you want it does not mean you will get it. I would like a game arcade on site

  6. #96
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    No I am for huge cuts. Especially to Planned parenthood and NPR and PBS. I also would like to see all subsidies gone. But that will not happen

    The house plan is good because it calls for a balanced budget.

    Obama does not want that because he has not had a budget his whole presidency
    Well there is no way you can get huge cuts without tax increases. Sorry Charlie!

    The Senate will not pass ,and the President will not sign, the House bill as it doesn't address include any increases in revenue.

    Just like there is no way the Dems can get revenue increases without spending cuts. For either side to get any of what it wants, there will have to be compromise.

    If there is no compromise, then spending and taxes stay as they are now.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Well there is no way you can get huge cuts without tax increases. Sorry Charlie!

    The Senate will not pass ,and the President will not sign, the House bill as it doesn't address include any increases in revenue.

    Just like there is no way the Dems can get revenue increases without spending cuts. For either side to get any of what it wants, there will have to be compromise.

    If there is no compromise, then spending and taxes stay as they are now.
    It is Obama and the dems that will not compromise. You do not need more taxes that is crap

  8. #98
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    I'm new here, but can we ask for a "does not like" button?
    Ain't it the truth! In reality though, a dislike button just seems to lead to further conflict. Only having a like button keeps things a bit more positive, even though its difficult to see sometimes. Or, at least that has been my experience on other forums.

    Welcome to the forum!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #99
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It is Obama and the dems that will not compromise. You do not need more taxes that is crap
    Thanks! You disproved your own assertion, all in the same post! Nothing for me to respond to here.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 'Gang of Six' revives hope for big deal in stalled debt-ceiling talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Thanks! You disproved your own assertion, all in the same post! Nothing for me to respond to here.
    Show me compromise from Obama. We have seen nothing from Obama or the dems just talking points and speeches

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •