Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Scandal likely to bring down Murdoch empire: Brown advisor

  1. #51
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, not from a disreputable website like Daily Kos, please.

    If you saw something on Fox News which was untrue you should report it in order to support your claim.

    And even if what Kos reported was true, does that substantiate your ludicrous claim "I'm sure. FOX is not, and has never been, a news station".

    .
    I didnt make the claim

    It is a news station and, in fact, a very good one.






    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I didnt make the claim









    Is there a point here?

  3. #53
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,187

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    The latest revelation from the evil empire involves the mother of Sarah Payne, a murdered British child. The NOTW helped her campaign for a British equivalent of Jessica's Law. They even had her write a column in praise of them in the final closedown edition. Now it emerges that they had hacked the phone they gave her at the start.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    The latest revelation from the evil empire involves the mother of Sarah Payne, a murdered British child. The NOTW helped her campaign for a British equivalent of Jessica's Law. They even had her write a column in praise of them in the final closedown edition. Now it emerges that they had hacked the phone they gave her at the start.
    Fascinating!

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    The main thing that pleases me about this story is not whether or not Rupert Murdoch and his family will be toppled, but that he has been exposed to broad day light for the entire international community to see. Not enough people are even aware of where their news comes from or how it is produced - they just read it.

    The key to Murdoch's power has always been people not knowing who he is,what he does, or how far the reach of his power goes (corporations, government, foreign interests and investment, etc.). Now everyone has their eyes on him. I am enjoying how uncomfortable that must be.

    This man and his conglomerate are a major threat to the free press and the way democracies disseminate information to the public.
    Last edited by Temporal; 07-28-11 at 06:04 PM.

  6. #56
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Is there a point here?
    Yes, there is a point there. It's about their accuracy and their honesty
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
    The main thing that pleases me about this story is not whether or not Rupert Murdoch and his family will be toppled, but that he has been exposed to broad day light for the entire international community to see. Not enough people are even aware of where their news comes from or how it is produced - they just read it.

    The key to Murdoch's power has always been people not knowing who he is,what he does, or how far the reach of his power goes (corporations, government, foreign interests and investment, etc.). Now everyone has their eyes on him. I am enjoying how uncomfortable that must be.

    This man and his conglomerate are a major threat to the free press and the way democracies disseminate information to the public.
    Is there no other media available but Rupert Murdochs?

    Media in the UK was always known to be trash. This is no revelation.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •