Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Scandal likely to bring down Murdoch empire: Brown advisor

  1. #21
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,165

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    The rest of us are talking about the Murdoch empire, of which Faux news is only a part.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  2. #22
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,450
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    If this gets messy enough the UK could ban them from the media, like Canada did. All of this is going to be pretty interesting to watch unfold.
    Canada did not ban them. Not sure where you got your info, but you are wrong. We not only have FoxNews, but we also have a Canadian version as well (Sun Media).
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #23
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Canada did not ban them. Not sure where you got your info, but you are wrong. We not only have FoxNews, but we also have a Canadian version as well (Sun Media).
    I think he was thinking of when a cable service kicked of Fox News from their network because they did not see any value in them or something like that.

    Or he could be thinking about how Canada declined to give Fox News permission to start up their own Canadian version.

    It is hard to actually see which the right are pissed about as the miss-information campaign has been quite considerable... google "Fox News banned in Canada" and you will see a lot of right wing wingnut webpages.
    Last edited by PeteEU; 07-22-11 at 07:17 AM.
    PeteEU

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, you said "libs" wanted Fox to fail because they were being partisan, The truth is we want them to fail because they are criminals.
    This is a tactic of the sort of British journalism under discussion. Make charges but offer no evidence.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    I think he was thinking of when a cable service kicked of Fox News from their network because they did not see any value in them or something like that.

    Or he could be thinking about how Canada declined to give Fox News permission to start up their own Canadian version.

    It is hard to actually see which the right are pissed about as the miss-information campaign has been quite considerable... google "Fox News banned in Canada" and you will see a lot of right wing wingnut webpages.
    Again the Left has to guess at the news, just as the British media have been doing.

    It's easy enough to ask around or check with reliable sources but "something like that" has proven to be good enough.

    This post is all amateur guesswork, and a typical example of how the British media works.

    This is a typical defense.

    In Defense of Hacks - By Toby Harnden | Foreign Policy

  6. #26
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Whether or not the owner is an alleged criminal is irrelevant to liberals hatred of fox news.
    Whether or not the owner is an actual criminal is irrelevant to rightwingers love of fox news.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #27
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,656

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Wouldn't it just be halarious if George Soros bought FAUXNews? I can just see O'Reilly and Hannity now. Hannity could probably then come out of the closet and do that cooking show he has so longed to host and O'reilly could broadcast topless, in a shower cap, with a soapy loofah mitt.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Whether or not the owner is an actual criminal is irrelevant to rightwingers love of fox news.
    The popularity of Fox News strongly suggests that there are more than just "right wingers" who are watching.

    One of the major problems in the the minds of left wingers is that their world is divided into the simple terms of 'left' and 'right', with nothing in between.

    But in fact the middle is where most people reside, and the left just doesn't seem to get it.

  9. #29
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Has it occurred any of you libs salivating over this that if the worst came to happen then FOX news (a tv station you most likely have never ever watched) would be just sold to someone else? I know that a lo of libs fail to understand the concept that if something makes money you keep it or buy it and if it doesn't make money you get rid of it.
    It's only the second post, and you've shattered their dreams.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #30
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Sayonara, FOX "News" (let's hope)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The popularity of Fox News strongly suggests that there are more than just "right wingers" who are watching.

    One of the major problems in the the minds of left wingers is that their world is divided into the simple terms of 'left' and 'right', with nothing in between.

    But in fact the middle is where most people reside, and the left just doesn't seem to get it.
    But those other people aren't scrambling trying to blame this on liberals who hate FoxNews.

    And it's truly hilarious to hear that it's the left who doesn't do nuance, when the rightwingers scream "You just want to steal all their money" anytime someone even mentions a tax increase for the wealthy
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •