Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 229

Thread: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read more:

  1. #11
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Read the story, it was a robbery, he then chased the gang and got a beatdown...
    Actually, he got beat up on the train, robbed, then chased after them and got beat again.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #12
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,377

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Americans here need to read their hate crime legislation and some case history, this is pathetic. People taking positions when they have no idea what they're talking about.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 07-18-11 at 11:47 AM.

  3. #13
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,620

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Actually, he got beat up on the train, robbed, then chased after them and got beat again.


    The emo kid, chose poorly.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #14
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    The emo kid, chose poorly.
    I won't disagree with that. Tis why I live in Texas. Wanna rob me? Hope you are bullet proof.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Me and about 10 of my friends took a shortcut up broadway to the GWB cause the Henry hudson was jammed..... well it was jammed because we ended up driving through the Washington heights riots...

    we were in early 70's jeeps with no tops and windshields folded down...

    Dude you should know better

    I went to Pratt and lived in the 'hood at the time. It is surprising a wonder bread kid like me only gotten beaten up once and mugged twice living in Ft Greene at the time.

    The riot was that Yusuf Hawkins deal. And **** I don't even look Italian.

  6. #16
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    He's dumb for talking back to them. That's all I really have to add to this race bait.
    Sounds like stupidity was the biggest factor here.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I don't like "Hate crime" legislation as a general rule. A crime is a crime is a crime. However, here is a case that common sense says "Yeah, race mattered here". Sad really this requires "investigation"
    What do you mean, "sadly"? Are you asking for a summary verdict here without knowing the facts of what happened? Your argument is weak.

    Hate crime laws would apply just as equally to this case as it would any other if the facts stick.

    But I guess burden of proof and "innocent until proven guilty" don't matter to you.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I don't like "Hate crime" legislation as a general rule. A crime is a crime is a crime. However, here is a case that common sense says "Yeah, race mattered here". Sad really this requires "investigation"
    One CC permit and a nice load of 9 or so 9mm hydroshok rounds would have ended that confrontation immediately. It would have also put 4 racist thugs where they belong, laying on the ground in a puddle of blood. I promise if 4 people come at me that is AUTOMATICALLY self defense for fear of death and deadly force will be used. Without a second of hesitation because I may not have a second.

    Same rule would apply for a black man with 4 white dudes, hispanic dude with 4 blacks, doesn't matter. 4 on 1 isn't a fight, it's survival.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 07-18-11 at 12:15 PM.

  9. #19
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    I think this was less about him being white and more about being different and smaller than his attackers. 4 guys looking for trouble will target whoever then think with give them the least resistance. He just happened to be the unlucky fellow there at the time.

    Intimidation is usually the first step...
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  10. #20
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    One CC permit and a nice load of 9 or so 9mm hydroshok rounds would have ended that confrontation immediately. It would have also put 4 racist thugs where they belong, laying on the ground in a puddle of blood. I promise if 4 people come at me that is AUTOMATICALLY self defense for fear of death and deadly force will be used. Without a second of hesitation because I may not have a second.
    If you have a gun, what stops them from also having gunS?

    If everyone has a gun, then you're not the superior force anymore.. thus negating your bravado above. If no one has a gun, then the play field is once again even... but with far less chance of someone dying.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •