Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 229

Thread: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read more:

  1. #121
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Read the story, it was a robbery, he then chased the gang and got a beatdown...
    He might not have gotten his ass whipped, if he'd had a piece.

  2. #122
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He might not have gotten his ass whipped, if he'd had a piece.


    It's NYC, this wasn't an option, and he's emo, he wouldn't havc had the training, and it would have been too heavy for him to carry anyway.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #123
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    He could probably heft a .32 compact, with a little vampire painted in nail polish on the side.

  4. #124
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Hate crimes are less about emotion than they are about considering the societal effects of a crime, which may or may not be a good thing depending on who you talk to.
    Which is why "murder for hire" has a greater penalty than killing "in the heat of the moment". It's why we have terrorism laws, that the rightwing supports, because they KNOW that "murder is murder" is BS, and that some murders are more damaging to society than others, except when it comes to protecting minorities...then it's "murder is murder"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #125
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Which is why "murder for hire" has a greater penalty than killing "in the heat of the moment". It's why we have terrorism laws, that the rightwing supports, because they KNOW that "murder is murder" is BS, and that some murders are more damaging to society than others, except when it comes to protecting minorities...then it's "murder is murder"


    then Obama should be charged with hate crimes for calling the irish drunks.


    And this argument is asinine. If the colors were reversed, this libertarian would say the same thing. please.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #126
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    then Obama should be charged with hate crimes for calling the irish drunks.


    And this argument is asinine. If the colors were reversed, this libertarian would say the same thing. please.
    Hate crimes require an underlying crime in order to be a hate crime. Since calling people names is not a crime, calling Irish "drunks" is not a hate crime.

    If the races were reversed, the law would still consider it a hate crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #127
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Hate crimes require an underlying crime in order to be a hate crime. Since calling people names is not a crime, calling Irish "drunks" is not a hate crime.

    If the races were reversed, the law would still consider it a hate crime.



    It's already a crime, why do you need additional laws?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #128
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It's already a crime, why do you need additional laws?
    For the same reason we have laws that single out terrorism, or do you oppose those too?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #129
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    For the same reason we have laws that single out terrorism, or do you oppose those too?


    Terrorism has specific political goals, it is a war crime. Murdering your boyfriend in a jealous rage and calling him a jew while you do it is not in need of a special law for a "hate crime"...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #130
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack Read m

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Terrorism has specific political goals, it is a war crime. Murdering your boyfriend in a jealous rage and calling him a jew while you do it is not in need of a special law for a "hate crime"...

    Hate cries have specific political goals, they are crime. Murdering your boyfriend in a jealous rage and calling him a jew while you do it requires a special law for a "hate crime".
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •