Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 170

Thread: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

  1. #141
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    for someone who professes to be a labor law attorney your ignorance of the labor unions and the extent of their authority is quite profound

    you write that salary example as if the unions get what they seek, unilaterally, without the assent of management
    anyone with any modicum of knowledge about unions is aware that management must agree to the salary being sought before that becomes a part of the labor-management contract
    that is as stupid as saying when a robber is confronted by four armed policemen he really wanted to surrender to them

    in many cases employers have no other choice. You union types whine that those who work for wages are often paid "unfairly" well that position sort of destroys your claims



  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yeah here is the negotiation.......

    Step 1. Put the Money in the bag
    Step 2. If you dont, were going to shut your govt down
    Where are Republicans demanding more of your money?.....Where are they demanding tax increases?.....Where are they demanding more from We The People?

    Extortion is how Liberal Nanny State Government operates.....as it has a monopoly on brute force........as does its holy subsidiary THE UNIONS.......and they both deal in ultimatums, threats, and violence.

    Put the money in the bag or were going to shut you down............put the money in the bag or were sending men with guns to your door.........do you think that at all sounds like Freedom?
    .
    .
    .

  3. #143
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why do you constantly lie? do you deny that unions are major players in the election support business?
    here you go
    again attempting to move the discussion away from your inability to defend your position
    here is what you posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    in a private sector negotiation the bargaining is at least honest

    in public sector-often those "bargaining" with the unions have been put into office by those unions
    and i invited you to document that unions put the person across the negotiating table there, instead of it being the negotiator appointed by management
    you can't provide evidence of your statement because you are wrong - as usual
    such tripe from one who presents himself as an attorney. seasoned in labor law
    from your posts, we know that cannot be the case
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #144
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    here you go
    again attempting to move the discussion away from your inability to defend your position
    here is what you posted:

    and i invited you to document that unions put the person across the negotiating table there, instead of it being the negotiator appointed by management
    you can't provide evidence of your statement because you are wrong - as usual
    such tripe from one who presents himself as an attorney. seasoned in labor law
    from your posts, we know that cannot be the case
    why so obtuse a post? do you admit or deny that in union heavy towns the unions help elect friendly politicians?



  5. #145
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is as stupid as saying when a robber is confronted by four armed policemen he really wanted to surrender to them

    in many cases employers have no other choice. You union types whine that those who work for wages are often paid "unfairly" well that position sort of destroys your claims
    more of your bogus tripe
    show us examples of those "many cases employers have no other choice" but to agree to the union's demand for increased wages at the bargaining table
    or are you just making another wild ass, false statement
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #146
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why so obtuse a post? do you admit or deny that in union heavy towns the unions help elect friendly politicians?
    you keep running and hiding from this request to offer us evidence of your absurd statement. here it is:
    in public sector-often those "bargaining" with the unions have been put into office by those unions
    now show us the facts which will support your bogus assertion
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #147
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    HE seems to think he weakened your argument. Seven out of thousands is much better overall performance than seven out of hundreds

    I know. I know.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #148
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    And plenty of bad ones to boot.....The Teacher's union ensures it........

    Can you admit to the fact........THE TEACHER'S UNION PROTECTS BAD TEACHERS............



    Yeah here is the negotiation.......

    Step 1. Put the Money in the bag
    Step 2. If you dont, were going to shut you down

    What would you do?

    .
    .
    .
    .
    By your stats, there are very few bad teachers. Just as ouur laws are set up to protect the innocent, unions defend teachers so that someone can't fire a good one without just cause. And no, if I were a negotiator, I wouldn't blame the other side for being tougher than I am. you're just whining and passing the buck here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #149
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    unions defend teachers so that someone can't fire a good one without just cause
    absolutely

    to the tune of millions of dollars to remove em

    according to the los angeles times

    facts, maam

  10. #150
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    more of your bogus tripe
    show us examples of those "many cases employers have no other choice" but to agree to the union's demand for increased wages at the bargaining table
    or are you just making another wild ass, false statement

    I find it hilarious that you demand academic dissertation levels of proof from anyone who doesn't buy your swill while you spew complete BS and act as if it is the wisdom of Solomon.

    Unions are mainly detrimental to America now



Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •