Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 170

Thread: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You are making leaps. First, if there were only seven bad teachers out of hundreds, there isn't really a problem.
    Well it wasnt hundreds it was thousands........

    Second, if you were so poor a deal maker that you didn't get a better deal than this, that's the fault of the governemnt negotiater and not teachers. this means there is nothing criminal about it. And you still haven't said anythign that suggests you're not talking about teachers on the whole, as your distinction is meaningless and unspecific.
    Put the money in the bag or were going to shut you down.........its quite the dealmaker......for THE MOB and Unions alike.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  2. #132
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Well it wasnt hundreds it was thousands........
    Alright, seven out of thousands. Better yet. The school system has doen a great job then of having quality teachers.

    Put the money in the bag or were going to shut you down.........its quite the dealmaker......for THE MOB and Unions alike.
    Are you saying your leaders had no strength of character and could not hold their own? Seriously, you're looking in the wrong direction and trying to excuse your leaders. Negotiation is between two sides. You have to look at both. Like I say, you hate teachers.
    .
    .
    .[/QUOTE]

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #133
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Alright, seven out of thousands. Better yet. The school system has doen a great job then of having quality teachers.
    HE seems to think he weakened your argument. Seven out of thousands is much better overall performance than seven out of hundreds



    Are you saying your leaders had no strength of character and could not hold their own? Seriously, you're looking in the wrong direction and trying to excuse your leaders. Negotiation is between two sides. You have to look at both.
    .
    .

    Again, it seems he thinks he has weakened your argument, while weakening his own. Pointing out the millions mgmt is spending only shows how inept the mgmt is
    Last edited by sangha; 07-17-11 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Alright, seven out of thousands. Better yet. The school system has doen a great job then of having quality teachers.
    And plenty of bad ones to boot.....The Teacher's union ensures it........

    Can you admit to the fact........THE TEACHER'S UNION PROTECTS BAD TEACHERS............

    Are you saying your leaders had no strength of character and could not hold their own? Seriously, you're looking in the wrong direction and trying to excuse your leaders. Negotiation is between two sides. You have to look at both. Like I say, you hate teachers.
    .
    .
    .
    Yeah here is the negotiation.......

    Step 1. Put the Money in the bag
    Step 2. If you dont, were going to shut you down

    What would you do?

    .
    .
    .
    .

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    And plenty of bad ones to boot.....The Teacher's union ensures it........

    Can you admit to the fact........THE TEACHER'S UNION PROTECTS BAD TEACHERS............



    Yeah here is the negotiation.......

    Step 1. Put the Money in the bag
    Step 2. If you dont, were going to shut you down

    What would you do?

    .
    .
    .
    .
    Why do you write with so many periods?

    .
    .
    .

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    HE seems to think he weakened your argument. Seven out of thousands is much better overall performance than seven out of hundreds
    If you look up about 30,000 feet you can see it did......

    Out of over 100,000 public school teachers in Michigan, only nine were fired last year | Mark Hemingway | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

    Report: Nearly Half Of Detroiters Can’t Read CBS Detroit

    Again, it seems he thinks he has weakened your argument, while weakening his own. Pointing out the millions mgmt is spending only shows how inept the mgmt is
    Again....about 30,000 feet up.......
    .
    .
    .

  7. #137
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    And plenty of bad ones to boot.....The Teacher's union ensures it........

    Can you admit to the fact........THE TEACHER'S UNION PROTECTS BAD TEACHERS..
    No, because they don't



    Yeah here is the negotiation.......

    Step 1. Put the Money in the bag
    Step 2. If you dont, were going to shut your govt down
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    if there were only seven bad teachers out of hundreds, there isn't really a problem
    LOL!

    at millions of dollars to oust 7 incompetents, how many hundreds are NOT being looked at simply cuz the district can't afford to

    do you KNOW how big is the los angeles unified school district

    la serves more students than the population of vermont

    millions of dollars to fire 7 bad teachers, no problem---with logic like that who needs links

    Like I say, you hate teachers
    yeah, yeah, everyone does

    California budget: Democrats pass austerity budget - Los Angeles Times

    Cuomo budget: $10 billion deficit cut, no new taxes, layoffs likely

    Jerry Brown Budget Cuts | California budget: Gov. Jerry Brown approves cuts to services for poor, sick and elderly - Los Angeles Times

    MA House votes to restrict unions - Boston.com

    New Jersey Assembly Passes Bill That Requires Public Workers' Unions To Pay More For Benefits - WPIX

    Governor Pat Quinn signs Illinois education reform bill into law, new rules effect school days, teacher strikes, tenure | abc7chicago.com

    Detroit Moves Against Unions - WSJ.com

    grow up
    Last edited by The Prof; 07-17-11 at 08:43 PM.

  9. #139
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,758

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No employee should be fire-able for any reason or no reason at all. Hearings and due process should be required.
    an opinion that conflicts with both reality and freedom. You own a business its your right to fire someone for any reason at all or no reason.



  10. #140
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,758

    Re: More than 200 D.C. teachers fired

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    another inaccurate statement you are unable to back up with facts
    try again, squire
    why do you constantly lie? do you deny that unions are major players in the election support business?



Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •