Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 215

Thread: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm happy to read source material if someone bothers to explain why they think it's relevant. If it's just a naked link without any explanation ... as I said, I don't need assistance reading the news.
    The headlines fully made the point. In this case the multiple number made the point better than one with an editorial added.

  2. #172
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

    Which headline was that? That the economy grew at 1.8%? Was the point that the economy is growing now, when it was contracting at a 6% clip when Obama took over? If so, I guess that does say something.

  3. #173
    User Sensibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    01-23-12 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    94

    Re: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

    The Tea Party extremists are responsible for driving more sensible Republicans from the GOP. They will cause the GOP to lose major electoral ground when the independent backlash hits.

    Where does one go when both parties are full of far-to-the-fringe ideologues?
    Be in general virtuous, and you will be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensibility View Post
    The Tea Party extremists are responsible for driving more sensible Republicans from the GOP. They will cause the GOP to lose major electoral ground when the independent backlash hits.

    Where does one go when both parties are full of far-to-the-fringe ideologues?
    Bet you not. They were elected to do the very thing they are doing. They were elected to say "no". No to government spending way beyond what they can pay for. No to the government bailing out Wall Street. No to big government.

    This is exactly what put them into office. People are going to vote them out for doing what they said they would do and were elected to do? It's too bad we do not have more politicians that do what they say they would do.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Bet you not. They were elected to do the very thing they are doing. They were elected to say "no". No to government spending way beyond what they can pay for. No to the government bailing out Wall Street. No to big government.

    This is exactly what put them into office. People are going to vote them out for doing what they said they would do and were elected to do? It's too bad we do not have more politicians that do what they say they would do.
    Happens all the time.

    But to be honest, it is just a small percentage who actually wanted them to say no to everything. Others just wanted more responsible behavior. others just voted against the other guy. In the end, they very well could be voted out because they did what they said they would do.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Happens all the time.

    But to be honest, it is just a small percentage who actually wanted them to say no to everything. Others just wanted more responsible behavior. others just voted against the other guy. In the end, they very well could be voted out because they did what they said they would do.
    If things were good, maybe. As it is, people are still pissed. Nothing has changed that. If not for those elected to do what they are doing we would be discussing how long QE3 would last and if the new stimulus package should be 900 billion or 1.2 trillion.

  7. #177
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    If things were good, maybe. As it is, people are still pissed. Nothing has changed that. If not for those elected to do what they are doing we would be discussing how long QE3 would last and if the new stimulus package should be 900 billion or 1.2 trillion.
    They're pissed for a lot of reasons, including congress not working together and doing their job. Anger is too fickle to be relyed upon IMHO.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They're pissed for a lot of reasons, including congress not working together and doing their job. Anger is too fickle to be relyed upon IMHO.
    Those who elected those this past term have no interest in seeing Congress work together if it means things they are against. Like I said, if not for them Congress would be working together to pass things they are absolutely against. You don't see any outcry for the new members to work with Boehner.

  9. #179
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Those who elected those this past term have no interest in seeing Congress work together if it means things they are against. Like I said, if not for them Congress would be working together to pass things they are absolutely against. You don't see any outcry for the new members to work with Boehner.
    Again, I think you're speaking about a small minority. They were added on to others. Lose those others, you lose the election.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Tea party to GOP: We could make 'examples' of you over debt ceiling

    That small minority includes a large majority of people that pay $65 to fill up their tanks.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •