Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 455

Thread: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

  1. #291
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,655

    Re: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    No. He needs to open a can of STFU and keep the religious comments to himself.
    You are talking about Obama...right? I agree...that ****ing cretin actually made religous comments and offered prayers at the national prayer breakfast. Im glad to see so many liberals are finally seeing him for what he is. But oh...how you must despise him so...

    Wait...thats not cuz he is black is it? You racist...

  2. #292
    Advisor BamaBrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    510
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    People that blindly accept anything they are spoon fed regarding AGW regardless of the number of times things change or the people are caught in outright lies and dishonest procedures are 'true believers'. They justify and defned before the actual defense comes out. They believe man must be causing climate change because it fits with their ideology and anyone that doesnt buy into their bull**** is a heretic. Just like the fact that even thought the GLOBE and in particular this region has throughout history experienced far WORSE droughts, Oklahomas current woes must be man made. True believers baby...
    gotcha. I was misreading...err well misinterpreting what you meant.

  3. #293
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    No. He needs to open a can of STFU and keep the religious comments to himself.
    Or you can close a can and mind your own buisness. And since he has freedom of speech on his side that would be the smartest thing you could do.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #294
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ask ANY doctor and they will tell you the same things. They see things they simply cant explain. Call it luck, call it a miracle, call it whatever you like.
    This is a logical contradiction. You're basically saying, "I can't explain it, therefore I can explain it." If something is unexplained it's just unexplained, it doesn't automatically mean that God did it, or that prayer caused it.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    To be true...the rely first and foremost on the skills they developed over time. However, if you dont think science based individuals dont routinely engage in prayer for skill greater than that which they posess, you know no doctors.
    I don't think I ever made the argument that doctors do not pray. Can you point out where I did?

    I'm saying that there is no credible evidence that prayer has any causal effect over placebo.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And you REALLY dont think you and others are ridiculing others beliefs? Funny...we have this whole thread...and several others just like it...

    That may not be your intent...yet...here you are. Its kinda like going up to someone enjoying a meal which you dont like and then feeling the need to exclaim..."ewwww...you are going to eat that? It tastes like ****!"
    You should read my statements more carefully, I said...

    I'm not ridiculing anyone for their beliefs.
    I do ridicule people's beliefs, but I'm not ridiculing them. Though you hold your beliefs to be sacred, I do not. I don't think that just because someone holds their ideas to be sacred that they should be immune to criticism and analysis.

    Do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So the governor can ask those so inclined to consider prayer. Indians can do a rain dance. Those NOT inclined can...well...
    He's using his office to advance religion, which is against the 1st amendment of the constitution.

    The lawsuit brought against him says...

    Perry's promotion of the rally violates "the Establishment Clause by giving the appearance that the government prefers evangelical Christian religious beliefs over other religious beliefs and non-beliefs ..."
    He needs a secular reason for this prayer rally and "giving SOME people warm fuzzies" (at the cost of other people's religious freedom) doesn't count.

    Even if it did, it's primary purpose is to advance religion... which is the second part of the lemon test in which this incident fails.

  5. #295
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,655

    Re: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    This is a logical contradiction. You're basically saying, "I can't explain it, therefore I can explain it." If something is unexplained it's just unexplained, it doesn't automatically mean that God did it, or that prayer caused it.



    I don't think I ever made the argument that doctors do not pray. Can you point out where I did?

    I'm saying that there is no credible evidence that prayer has any causal effect over placebo.



    You should read my statements more carefully, I said...



    I do ridicule people's beliefs, but I'm not ridiculing them. Though you hold your beliefs to be sacred, I do not. I don't think that just because someone holds their ideas to be sacred that they should be immune to criticism and analysis.

    Do you?



    He's using his office to advance religion, which is against the 1st amendment of the constitution.

    The lawsuit brought against him says...



    He needs a secular reason for this prayer rally and "giving SOME people warm fuzzies" (at the cost of other people's religious freedom) doesn't count.

    Even if it did, it's primary purpose is to advance religion... which is the second part of the lemon test in which this incident fails.
    See my above comments about Obama and democrats that dare to discuss prayer...hammer away and party on. ****ing worthless corrupt democrats and their idiotic attempts to inject religion into America. You gotta hate em. Your turn...go...cuz...i know its really bothering you...lambaste the POS inquisitor in chief...

  6. #296
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    See my above comments about Obama and democrats that dare to discuss prayer...hammer away and party on. ****ing worthless corrupt democrats and their idiotic attempts to inject religion into America. You gotta hate em. Your turn...go...cuz...i know its really bothering you...lambaste the POS inquisitor in chief...
    So... just so I understand...

    Your attempt to refute my argument is to say that Obama is guilty of prayer as well?

    m'kay...

    For the record, it's unconstitutional when Obama does it too.

    Now what?

  7. #297
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,655

    Re: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    So... just so I understand...

    Your attempt to refute my argument is to say that Obama is guilty of prayer as well?

    m'kay...

    For the record, it's unconstitutional when Obama does it too.

    Now what?
    No...stay with the class...my point is simply this...people like you and the OP never say ****-all when it is a democrat. You dont even get revved up over it. unless it is a republican...which makes you world class hypocrites. That people lose their minds when someone does something as simple as requesting that those so inclined offer a prayer for the end to the drught....again...speaks volumes about the 'tolerance' of certain folk. fit yourself comfortably in there anywhere you like.

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    So... just so I understand...

    Your attempt to refute my argument is to say that Obama is guilty of prayer as well?

    m'kay...

    For the record, it's unconstitutional when Obama does it too.

    Now what?
    Now what? Your complaints will continued to be ignored as you are wrong.

  9. #299
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...stay with the class...my point is simply this...people like you and the OP never say ****-all when it is a democrat. You dont even get revved up over it. unless it is a republican...which makes you world class hypocrites. That people lose their minds when someone does something as simple as requesting that those so inclined offer a prayer for the end to the drught....again...speaks volumes about the 'tolerance' of certain folk. fit yourself comfortably in there anywhere you like.
    There may be people that make this party line distinction, but I did not.

    Republican, Democrat, other... doesn't matter to me. If you use your office to promote an event whose sole purpose is to promote religion or a specific religion over another specific religion or non-religion... you're in violation of the establishment clause.

  10. #300
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Gov. urges Oklahomans to pray for rain

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Now what? Your complaints will continued to be ignored as you are wrong.
    Complaints? Can you be specific? What complaint?

    Also, could you be more specific on where you think I'm wrong.

    It's a bit difficult for me to respond to a baseless assertion.

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •