Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 84

Thread: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

  1. #51
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Link


    How about common sense as a security measure.
    People always get all worked up about grandma and junior getting patted down at airport security. Let me ask you something, if some nut job decides to hijack an airplane and fly it into a building, do you think they'd dress like bin laden to do it?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #52
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Yep yet another reason to defund, disband and unconstitutional organization, if this is going to happen then the American citizens who fly should now practice civil disobedience. Patting down a 94 year old this is just out right bullSh!t it runs on the same level is patting down a 4 year old, actually anyone that doesn't warrant it.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    People always get all worked up about grandma and junior getting patted down at airport security. Let me ask you something, if some nut job decides to hijack an airplane and fly it into a building, do you think they'd dress like bin laden to do it?
    Nor would they rely strictly on airplanes to attack us. Why do we only frisk people there? The last bomb (which luckily we caught) was set to go off in Times Square. Why not frisk everyone?

  4. #54
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I'd guess those who say that this is pretty shaky as far as our rights go. Those who see no need in frisking 6 year old kids.
    pretty shakey is fine
    not liking it is fine

    still no illegal which is the only thing a care about

    but I was referring to the "us" that must think driving and flying are equal LOL






    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Just because I know I'll have to be searched doesn't mean it's O.K. This is my point. More and more are coming to the conclusion tha tit isn't. Watch, things are going to change.
    wont bother me if they do change right now though people "thinking" its not ok doesnt change the law LOL

    I know you say you arent arguing law but all my statements deal in the law so you either have to also deal with the law or not quote and reply to me



    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    This is a stupid avenue to take because we know we grant special protections to our president. Nobody else can just shoot someone for walking onto their lawn.
    no its VERY valid you just dont like it
    the white house lawn and your lawn are just as different as you driving your own car and flying :shurg:




    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    No it isn't. Just because the secret service can shoot me for sneaking onto the White House lawn doesn't mean I can have my car searched for no cause or give a reason why they can search me for simply picking air travel over road travel.
    how old are you? LMAO
    because you simply dont get reality
    nobody said you car can be searched and it is VASTLY different than flying for the facts listed you choose to ignore LOL

    like I said your acknowledgment of them doesnt change anything flying is NOT equal to driving to anybody honest and objective, not even the same ball park
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #55
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Yep yet another reason to defund, disband and unconstitutional organization, if this is going to happen then the American citizens who fly should now practice civil disobedience. Patting down a 94 year old this is just out right bullSh!t it runs on the same level is patting down a 4 year old, actually anyone that doesn't warrant it.
    I agree it is "bull****" but its not against the law nor does it violate the constitution in any way
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #56
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Nor would they rely strictly on airplanes to attack us. Why do we only frisk people there? The last bomb (which luckily we caught) was set to go off in Times Square. Why not frisk everyone?
    LMAO

    so are you now equating "walking through time square" also equal to flying?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #57
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    People always get all worked up about grandma and junior getting patted down at airport security. Let me ask you something, if some nut job decides to hijack an airplane and fly it into a building, do you think they'd dress like bin laden to do it?
    Sense 9-11 I believe hijacking a aircraft is now obsolete, that said I guarantee a 94 year old women has not hijacked a aircraft, nor has a 4 year old you in aviation history. Now if they do attempt to hijack a aircraft I will guarantee you this, I will be sure to stick a peg in the spokes on the wheels of her walker as she makes her way to the cockpit.

  8. #58
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Sense 9-11 I believe hijacking a aircraft is now obsolete, that said I guarantee a 94 year old women has not hijacked a aircraft, nor has a 4 year old you in aviation history. Now if they do attempt to hijack a aircraft I will guarantee you this, I will be sure to stick a peg in the spokes on the wheels of her walker as she makes her way to the cockpit.
    Too right.....her aged body would be why she avoids security pat down......then she gets on the plane, hands off the c4 to someone a little more "hijack fit" and it's off to the fireworks!
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,802

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    We have not brought our daughters to see their grandmother and great-grandfather in the US since this madness started largely because of this madness. We may just go in through Canada on the land border next time we do make a visit... haven't decided yet...
    It sucks, but since we havn't been pulled aside or anything yet, it is worth it for us no matter how utterly ridiculous and retarded the situation. I think that too many people are afraid of challenging the illegality of this, to be honest. Or they don't have the time or resources, like me. I can't really fight this, living overseas.

    I thought of going through Canada, but it would add so much time and cost to our trip. We visit in the LA area. Mexico is definitely out of the question too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    pretty shakey is fine
    not liking it is fine

    still no illegal which is the only thing a care about

    but I was referring to the "us" that must think driving and flying are equal LOL
    As far as rights go there is nothing to discern the two.

    I know you say you arent arguing law but all my statements deal in the law so you either have to also deal with the law or not quote and reply to me
    I never argued it wasn't the law. I'm argueing that I'm starting to think it's a bad one and I can't find a justification for the government searching people who have done nothing wrong.

    no its VERY valid you just dont like it
    the white house lawn and your lawn are just as different as you driving your own car and flying :shurg:
    But your entire reasoning rests upon "because it just is".

    how old are you? LMAO
    because you simply dont get reality
    nobody said you car can be searched and it is VASTLY different than flying for the facts listed you choose to ignore LOL
    You've listed no facts as to why. You've come up with the idea why we can't just drive up to the White House. I could use that justification for anything.

    like I said your acknowledgment of them doesnt change anything flying is NOT equal to driving to anybody honest and objective, not even the same ball park
    Walking isn't the same as driving either but it doesn't change our rights to not be searched.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •