Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84

Thread: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

  1. #11
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    at least you are starting to get it.
    and I have ZERO problems with people COMPLAINING about it and voicing their OPINIONS, I myself dont "like" it.

    Ill just never be silly enough to falsely say that its against the law or violates the 4th, not saying YOU did because you did not, im just saying in gerneral
    Yes, well I've never made that point. My argument has always been that there is force clearly demonstrated by the government through TSA and that given the real world data on terrorist attack, we are not reaping significant "safety" benefit from these at best questionable actions. And as such, we shouldn't allow them because we don't need the government to be acting questionably in general, and certainly not when we are reaping little to no benefit.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #12
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yes, well I've never made that point. My argument has always been that there is force clearly demonstrated by the government through TSA and that given the real world data on terrorist attack, we are not reaping significant "safety" benefit from these at best questionable actions. And as such, we shouldn't allow them because we don't need the government to be acting questionably in general, and certainly not when we are reaping little to no benefit.
    Not in this thread you didnt and the force you are talking about is still nothing more than an opinion. It may even be an opinion I share it still would only make it a shared opinion. :shurg:

    and I definitely agree that TSA SAFETY benefits vs non TSA Safty Benefits should be looked at.
    Minimum, their training should be increased and audited, more qualified personnel and they should be more PC and up to speed on sensitive situations (disabled, prosthetic limbs etc.)
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #13
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Has dumb as I think it is to give an extra screening to a 94 year old lady in a wheel chair theres nothing to sue over since her 4th amendment rights weren't violated
    There we go! Ready to ruin another threat now, are you? If there is no warrant, then how is it not unreasonable search and seizure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Link


    How about common sense as a security measure.
    I am getting mentally prepared to see my daughters (6,7 years of age) be frisked in their private area by some high-school drop out all in the name of homeland security... and to see their rights of being secure violated as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #15
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    There we go! Ready to ruin another threat now, are you? If there is no warrant, then how is it not unreasonable search and seizure?
    Nope wont be ruined at all unless the 3-4 people that falsely think the 4th is violated try to hijack it again. A warrant isnt needed since there is no force in legality and there is consent in legality. Its these simple facts you cant grasp simply because you dont LIKE TSA policy. News flash, neither do I but my emotions arent mixed in with my logic so I can falsely claim the 4th is violated. I can say I dont like it but that wont make me think illogically. :shurg:
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    There we go! Ready to ruin another threat now, are you? If there is no warrant, then how is it not unreasonable search and seizure?
    Because you aren't forced to fly. Unless you are forced to get on a plane and THEN under those circumstances have to get molested, then it's a violation. If you voluntarily sign up to be molested by buying a ticket, then that's on you. Do I think its ridiculous and absurd? I sure do. But is it a violation? No.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Not in this thread you didnt and the force you are talking about is still nothing more than an opinion. It may even be an opinion I share it still would only make it a shared opinion.
    You say that. But you're still wrong. Whatever. I'm a physicist, I know force when I see it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #18
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You say that. But you're still wrong. Whatever. I'm a physicist, I know force when I see it.
    im not wrong because there no FACTS there, just our opinions
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #19
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Because you aren't forced to fly. Unless you are forced to get on a plane and THEN under those circumstances have to get molested, then it's a violation. If you voluntarily sign up to be molested by buying a ticket, then that's on you. Do I think its ridiculous and absurd? I sure do. But is it a violation? No.


    common sense at its finest that will be wasted on about 3-4 people but the rest will get it
    Last edited by AGENT J; 07-16-11 at 01:12 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: 94-year-old upset by TSA pat down

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Because you aren't forced to fly. Unless you are forced to get on a plane and THEN under those circumstances have to get molested, then it's a violation. If you voluntarily sign up to be molested by buying a ticket, then that's on you. Do I think its ridiculous and absurd? I sure do. But is it a violation? No.
    I'm not saying it would ever be ruled a violation but I'll note where I wouldn't buy this line of reasoning. You aren't forced to drive either. You can choose to stay home. A police officer can't just pull you over and search you though.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •