Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 187

Thread: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

  1. #131
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    HE claims to be a witness. He has no evidence of that he was actually there and considering his strong dislike I have no reason to believe he was actually there.
    You know, James, I respected you up until this. I took you for an honest debator and a decent guy. No longer. If you're going to pull this kind of crap... Who the hell are you to insult my integrity and honesty this way? Should I now disbelieve every single claim you make about your experiences? How can we possibly operate in a discussion this way? No, you have lost too many points for this. To hell with you.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  2. #132
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

    Don't like a post like that, Sangha. I don't like it. I'm disappointed. I hoped for better than this.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  3. #133
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Don't like a post like that, Sangha. I don't like it. I'm disappointed. I hoped for better than this.
    You made a good point about what a reasonable discussion requires.

    How can we possibly operate in a discussion this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #134
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    You know, James, I respected you up until this. I took you for an honest debator and a decent guy. No longer. If you're going to pull this kind of crap... Who the hell are you to insult my integrity and honesty this way? Should I now disbelieve every single claim you make about your experiences? How can we possibly operate in a discussion this way? No, you have lost too many points for this. To hell with you.
    You are making the same claims that the "I hate teabaggers" band wagon usually makes about the tea party group and you claim to have personally heard them say racist comments and other similar comments. So why would anyone not be suspicious of your claims? It would be like me bashing hippies and then without any evidence say I have personally heard them say they hate the troops, they wish suicide bombers would kill more troops and other statements.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You are making the same claims that the "I hate teabaggers" band wagon usually makes about the tea party group and you claim to have personally heard them say racist comments and other similar comments. So why would anyone not be suspicious of your claims? It would be like me bashing hippies and then without any evidence say I have personally heard them say they hate the troops, they wish suicide bombers would kill more troops and other statements.
    So, you would lie to make a point? And you assume that, by extension, Paschendale would do the same.

    Weak. Says a lot more about you than it does about him.

  6. #136
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You are making the same claims that the "I hate teabaggers" band wagon usually makes about the tea party group and you claim to have personally heard them say racist comments and other similar comments. So why would anyone not be suspicious of your claims? It would be like me bashing hippies and then without any evidence say I have personally heard them say they hate the troops, they wish suicide bombers would kill more troops and other statements.
    Actually, you have made such an argument

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Then I guess the pictures ReverendHellh0und found must be evidence that all liberals hate the troops, are communist and anarchists.



    Look all liberals must be anti-war trash who want troops to shoot their commanding officers since there is a picture of them holding a sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #137
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    So, you would lie to make a point?
    I would not lie to make a point.

    However my credibility would come into question if I basically bashed a group and then claimed to have heard or seen people in that group do something that supported my claims.

    And you assume that, by extension, Paschendale would do the same.

    Weak. Says a lot more about you than it does about him.
    He makes the same statements that the I hate teabaggers crowd makes. Why would anyone not be suspicious when he claims to heard them make racist,xenophobic or other similar remarks?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #138
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Actually, you have made such an argument
    I have not made such an argument. I never personally claimed that I heard these people make such statements. I posted the above picture in response to another post that had photos of alleged tea party protesters holding racist signs to make the point that a few photos does not represent the whole group.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I would not lie to make a point.

    However my credibility would come into question if I basically bashed a group and then claimed to have heard or seen people in that group do something that supported my claims.



    He makes the same statements that the I hate teabaggers crowd makes. Why would anyone not be suspicious when he claims to heard them make racist,xenophobic or other similar remarks?
    You're not going to win this one outside of apologizing to the man. In your shoes, I wouldn't waste my breath. You ****ed up. Own it or don't own it, but don't try to convince me otherwise.

  10. #140
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Low Registration Sinks Tea Party Convention

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You made a good point about what a reasonable discussion requires.
    Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm just upset. Shouldn't take it out on you. My apologies.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •