Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

  1. #21
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    If the teaparty thinks working americans are going to roll over and play dead for them...they are more nuts than they appear to be.
    It's amusing in the current climate to think of Democrats as the party of "working people."

  2. #22
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    All six fake Democrats lost to Democrats supported by the party in primaries Tuesday that are the first in a series of recall elections targeting nine Wisconsin state senators for their positions on Republican Gov. Scott Walker's divisive union rights restrictions.

    The state Republican Party orchestrated the placement of the fake Democrats on Tuesday's ballot, thereby delaying the general election for a month. That gave the Republican incumbents more time to campaign and distance themselves from the turmoil over the union law that they voted to support in March, spurring the recall efforts.

    Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls - USATODAY.com


    If the teaparty thinks working americans are going to roll over and play dead for them...they are more nuts than they appear to be.
    Now if only fake republicans otherwise known as RINOs(libs call them moderates) would lose all over the country.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #23
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Actually they suceeded perfectly (in the view of the WI republicans). The fake democrats only ran in order to buy time for the actual republicans to campaign. Since they were stuck in Madison dong their jobs, they wouldn't have had a chance to get back to their districts to campaign before the actual election was scheduled.

    They never expected the fake democrats to win. They newver ran any ads. Didn't do any fundraising. They were just their to delay the actual vote. W hich they did.

    BTW, one of those fake democrats was very competitive. Again, without having run a single ad. That bodes ill for that democrat in teh real election.
    Not only did they succeed in delaying the elections by forcing primaries, they also succeeded in forcing the state govt to spend millions of dollars to hold the primary elections

    Way to cut spending, republican a-holes

    They constantly prove that they dont give a damn about cutting spending. They only care about winning
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Not only did they succeed in delaying the elections by forcing primaries, they also succeeded in forcing the state govt to spend millions of dollars to hold the primary elections
    Way to cut spending, republican a-holes

    They constantly prove that they dont give a damn about cutting spending. They only care about winning
    The things that have cost the state millions in unecessary expenses were:

    The recount in the supreme court election that was requested by the democrat.
    The protests against Scott Walker and the senators (security and clean up) requested by democrats and unions.
    The recall elections, started by, you guessed it, unions and democrats.

    The running of the fake democrats cost less than 500k. Not the multiple milions of dollars the democrats have managed to piss away in just the last few months or that you erroneously claim.
    Last edited by buck; 07-14-11 at 09:58 AM.

  5. #25
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The things that have cost the state millions in unecessary expenses were:

    The recount in the supreme court election that was requested by the democrat.
    The protests against Scott Walker and the senators (security and clean up) requested by democrats and unions.
    The recall elections, started by, you guessed it, unions and democrats.

    The running of the fake democrats cost less than 500k. Not the multiple milions of dollars the democrats have managed to piss away in just the last few months or that you erroneously claim.
    In other words, it's OK if you're a republican
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #26
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Isn't it funny that to get your salary through a union you had to use government to strip people of their rights, otherwise all that union could do constitutionally is talk and get jack ****. :P
    You have no idea what your talking about....

  7. #27
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Now if only fake republicans otherwise known as RINOs(libs call them moderates) would lose all over the country.
    You are going to find that this far right teaparty that has unabashedly exposed itself as the OF the rich FOR only the rich faction of the gop will DIE just like the far right nutjob Pelosi and company died....Americans do not like the far left or the far right....all the evidence that the teaparty is losing steam is right there in front of you...if you think there is enough support from the 20% super rich in this country for the teaparty far right to take out all the normal republicans...YOUR NUTS..

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    In other words, it's OK if you're a republican
    No, in other wrods, you are wrong. The fake democrats didn't come close to costing the "millions of dollars" you claimed. On the other hand, the democrats and unions have spent many millions of dollars - that you seem not at all concerned with.

    If you feel that 500k is too much to spend to allow both sides to campaign in an election, then that's fine. I have a disagreement. I am not certain that the republican strategy was all that wise, but I think it's fair to give them the opportunity to campaign since they were stuck in madison (at the capital) the entire time leading up to the election.

  9. #29
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    No, in other wrods, you are wrong. The fake democrats didn't come close to costing the "millions of dollars" you claimed. On the other hand, the democrats and unions have spent many millions of dollars - that you seem not at all concerned with.

    If you feel that 500k is too much to spend to allow both sides to campaign in an election, then that's fine. I have a disagreement. I am not certain that the republican strategy was all that wise, but I think it's fair to give them the opportunity to campaign since they were stuck in madison (at the capital) the entire time leading up to the election.
    IMO, $0.01 is too much to pay just to delay an election. The recalls are supported by the voters. The voters did not support the delay for a primary because the republicans were playing games with the electoral process. The results show this.

    Even you admitted that the republicans only wanted to delay the election. Their only desire was to screw up the process, a policy the voters rejected.
    Last edited by sangha; 07-14-11 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Fake Democrats lose in Wisconsin primary recalls

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    IMO, $0.01 is too much to pay just to delay an election. The recalls are supported by the voters. The voters did not support the delay for a primary because the republicans were playing games with the electoral process. The results show this.
    The voters supported the delay. In order to run, the candidates had to get signatures of the voters who knew they were running just to delay the general. The results show nothing of the sort.
    Last edited by buck; 07-14-11 at 10:36 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •