Page 98 of 212 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #971
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what sort of libertarian oozes such envy of the top tax payers? why shouldn't people like you-those who take more from the government than they pay in taxes not face an increase?
    It's the red states that recieve the most welfare from the fed govt
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #972
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's the red states that recieve the most welfare from the fed govt
    that has no relevance to who pays the most tax and only a moron would believe that a state is all red or blue

    what is Ohio? it voted Obama in the last presidential election, voted in a mostly GOP state government in 2010 and has one dem senator and one GOP senator?



  3. #973
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Americans Support Higher Taxes. Really. | Capital Gains and Games

    An April 18 McClatchy-Marist poll found that voters support higher taxes on the rich to reduce the deficit by a 2-to-1 margin, including 45 percent of self-identified Tea Party members.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #974
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    those who benefit from artificially low income tax rates because the rich pay artificially high amounts of income tax of course support that

    Your point has no merit

    its like asking 20 people if they support 5 other people having to pay for all 25's food bills each month

    what do you think the answer would be

    its why politicians and slackers love progressive taxes



  5. #975
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Why do so many rightwingers hate so many americans?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #976
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,206

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    show me the lies?
    Ronald Reagan dealt with a Democratic House his entire time in office, with a Senate going back and forth. As such, President Reagan was forced to negotiate with the Democrats. One such example was the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982. While President Reagan opposed raising taxes, the Democrats promised him that for every $1 in tax hikes, there would be $3 in spending cuts. Under these pretenses, President Reagan acquiesced to a tax hike. The Democrats did not keep up their end of the bargain for every dollar in tax increases the Democrats only cut spending by 27 cents. After this mistake, President Reagan never again raised taxes.

    Strictly Right Blog Archive No Eugene Robinson, Democrats are NOT the Party of Reagan

  7. #977
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,206

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Why do so many rightwingers hate so many americans?
    We don't hate Americans. That is a stupid question. We pity liberals.

  8. #978
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Why do so many rightwingers hate so many americans?
    why do far lefties pretend to be independents and ask silly questions? the only hate I constantly see is towards those who have done better than a bunch of dem posters



  9. #979
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Ronald Reagan dealt with a Democratic House his entire time in office, with a Senate going back and forth. As such, President Reagan was forced to negotiate with the Democrats. One such example was the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982. While President Reagan opposed raising taxes, the Democrats promised him that for every $1 in tax hikes, there would be $3 in spending cuts. Under these pretenses, President Reagan acquiesced to a tax hike. The Democrats did not keep up their end of the bargain – for every dollar in tax increases the Democrats only cut spending by 27 cents. After this mistake, President Reagan never again raised taxes.



    Strictly Right Blog Archive No Eugene Robinson, Democrats are NOT the Party of Reagan
    If some guy with a blog wrote it, it must be true!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #980
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    What's funny is saying that a mild tax increase will destroy an economy when there's ample proof that it won't.
    Even extremely mild tax increases will be detrimental to growth. You will reduce real economic activity, dollar for dollar, with any and all tax increases on income.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •