Page 69 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #681
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    The more things change
    ppp is a dem pollster (out of south carolina)

    quinnipiac (from connecticut) has been famously wrong in florida for years, at least since crist whalloped jim davis in 06

    for example, qn had crist beating rubio (who won his 3 way by 20) as late as august

    fyi

  2. #682
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    yup, you're gonna have to extend that Y AXIS, alright

    LOL!
    When they update it, it'll be so tall that the info you see now will look like fine print.

  3. #683
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    maybe the link is somewhere at the top?

  4. #684
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #685
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    yup, you're gonna have to extend that Y AXIS, alright

    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #686
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So long as we remain blinded by partisan politics, we'll never fix the real problem.
    Yes, because if history has taught us anything, it's that all of the real problems are fixed when one party controls all three branches of government so it no longer has to bother with partisan politics. Better yet, perhaps we should go back to that point in our history where there was no partisanship - nodisagreement in government whatsoever.

    After all, the founders designed the system so that it would be easy to get things done. This is best exemplified by their elegant decision to create a separate house and senate consisting of delegates from each state to assist the executive -- no doubt recognizing that hundreds of minds could more quickly reach a solution to a problem than just one.

  7. #687
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Another thing … if your tax and spend policy works so well … then maybe you can explain to me .. while during the Clinton terms … we had the largest tax hike in modern history, we cut defense spending to bare bones … we had the dot com economy that created more millionaires faster then any time in our history, we fought no major wars .. (unless you count the few times Clinton lobbed some bombs around to deflect from being caught lying to the grand jury) and we still.... with all that .. managed to go another 1.5 trillion dollars in debt...? I'll await your answer. ​

  8. #688
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Yes, because if history has taught us anything, it's that all of the real problems are fixed when one party controls all three branches of government so it no longer has to bother with partisan politics. Better yet, perhaps we should go back to that point in our history where there was no partisanship - nodisagreement in government whatsoever.

    After all, the founders designed the system so that it would be easy to get things done. This is best exemplified by their elegant decision to create a separate house and senate consisting of delegates from each state to assist the executive -- no doubt recognizing that hundreds of minds could more quickly reach a solution to a problem than just one.
    It's not like this became an issue yesterday. It's been an issue for a long time. It's their job to make a budget, and they REFUSE to do so. Each side just points the finger at the other, and that's what's bogging us down. Not legitimate debate; but partisan politics in some attempt to make the other side look bad.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #689
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    clinton?

    LOL!

    vote obama, 2012!

    clinton's Y AXIS was higher than what's-his-name's!

    seeya at the polls, pals

  10. #690
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    the obama white house promised us in january of 2009 that passage of the stimulus would lead us to a place that, today, for example (july, 2011), would see unemployment at about 6.5%

    Romer and Bernstein on stimulus - NYTimes.com

    neither romer nor bernstein work for obama anymore, by the way

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •