Page 63 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #621
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Workers (code for unions) don't sign my paycheck, business owners do. My posts reflect that.

    j-mac
    Not to sound insulting, but you really need to value your labor more. The business owner would be absolutely no where without the work you and your fellow works put in. No business can exist without the workers that keep it running.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  2. #622
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Not to sound insulting, but you really need to value your labor more. The business owner would be absolutely no where without the work you and your fellow works put in. No business can exist without the workers that keep it running.
    Welcome to the board.

  3. #623
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    you should work as a propganda spokesperson for business over the working man
    wait a minute...

    aren't you the guy who prefers what MISTER BOBB is doing in detroit?

    all that voiding of contracts and tearing up of collective bargaining, the pink slipping of entire districts, the auctioning off of public schools to private operators...

    all made possible by RICK SNYDER'S martial law?

    LOL!

    some propaganda spokesperson that

  4. #624
    Advisor Polotick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    374

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    After reading and catching up in this thread I have now abandoned all meager hope that the two sides will be capable of reaching a working compromise.

    No is really interested in compromise, but instead are interested in being right. Neither side is completely right and neither side is completely wrong, but I doubt that will be factored in.

    Some are so radical that they propose ideals that would dump the elderly and infirm on the streets.

    Some are so radical that they think that full blown socialism will fix things.

    Overall it appears that things like education have less priority than military spending. This is the doorway to doom as a nation.

    For a long term solution everybody will have to put some chips on the table. If only one side ends up with all the chips on the table we can uniformly expect an economic collapse. If neither side puts any chips on the table we can uniformly expect an economic collapse.

    I see one side blame the other for loss of our freedoms, but when I look at facts and voting records I see equal guilt from both parties.

    Yes, we truly have the government we deserve.

  5. #625
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Not to sound insulting, but you really need to value your labor more. The business owner would be absolutely no where without the work you and your fellow works put in. No business can exist without the workers that keep it running.
    What you are saying is somewhat true … .we need to value good workers, but those same good workers need to value the business they work for just as much … Where are they with out the company they work for ….. it's not just a one way street

  6. #626
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    After reading and catching up in this thread I have now abandoned all meager hope that the two sides will be capable of reaching a working compromise.

    No is really interested in compromise, but instead are interested in being right. Neither side is completely right and neither side is completely wrong, but I doubt that will be factored in.

    Some are so radical that they propose ideals that would dump the elderly and infirm on the streets.

    Some are so radical that they think that full blown socialism will fix things.

    Overall it appears that things like education have less priority than military spending. This is the doorway to doom as a nation.

    For a long term solution everybody will have to put some chips on the table. If only one side ends up with all the chips on the table we can uniformly expect an economic collapse. If neither side puts any chips on the table we can uniformly expect an economic collapse.

    I see one side blame the other for loss of our freedoms, but when I look at facts and voting records I see equal guilt from both parties.

    Yes, we truly have the government we deserve.
    Compromise is rarely achieved on these sites. While it is nice when actual positive discourse happens, it is rare, like a precious jewel. All else is vanity.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #627
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    today: Webb is latest Dem to oppose tax increases on debt deal - On Congress - POLITICO.com

    combat boots webb is not alone

    there will be NO income tax increases included in this or any debt ceiling hike

    there will be NO revenue increases that are not offset to neutrality

    it's not a matter of preference, yours or mine, it's not a matter of right and wrong

    it's simply the POLITICS, the lay of the land

    fyi

  8. #628
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    All else is vanity
    tell it to robert bobb

  9. #629
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Compromise is rarely achieved on these sites. While it is nice when actual positive discourse happens, it is rare, like a precious jewel. All else is vanity.

    And the difference being, we few on this site do not represent an entire country. THEY need to set their differences aside. THEY need to get their **** together. For us. We, the People. Not their ****ing rich cronies.

  10. #630
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Not to sound insulting, but you really need to value your labor more.
    First, let echo BD Boop's welcome.

    Now, no insult taken, however, let me as what makes you think I don't value my labor? Truck drivers are among the most independent group of employee blocks in the nation. We are constantly struggling to find better wages, and working conditions, or even striking out on our own. As evidenced by the number of truckers that are constantly changing whom they drive for.

    I think it is a stretch for you to assume that someone doesn't value their own labor solely on such limited information of me as a person. do you think I am incapable of negotiating my own wage? Or that I need some liberal to do it for me?

    The business owner would be absolutely no where without the work you and your fellow works put in. No business can exist without the workers that keep it running.
    Absolutely, and the inverse is also the truth. Which is why I'd rather the control of that be left to those who know the business, and its requirements to succeed.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •