Page 59 of 212 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #581
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why won't you tell us where you got the chart? A source is not only called for if you expect to retain credibility in your argument, but called for by this sites rules for posting....



    Now publish the source that you took this chart from or remove it.

    j-mac
    The chart states the source of the data. I will not remove the chart

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #582
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    okay .. glad to see that you feel that spending more on food .. gas .. electric are considered little things for American citizens ..
    We call this a straw man. I did not say that. Since you where confused, I will be clearer. You cannot see what the prices on everything has done, nor do you know how inflation is figured. You are basing your claim on anecdotal evidence, which is almost worthless, especially in something big picture like inflation.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #583
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    So then why are the Bush tax cuts .. always refered to as tax cuts for the weathly ??
    because the savings the middle class received were negligible in comparison to what the rich received

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #584
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So in other words, you think you are more accurate the the government because you can see the little picture. When you can document your claim, feel free to get back to me.
    Wait a minute....When a republican administration is in office you wouldn't take anything they have to say as credible, yet when it is Obama then it is always the truth?

    Really?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #585
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    have a simple question, if tax increases are suddenly so important to Obama and the liberal left … then why in the hell didn't they just let the Bush tax cuts expire … they had the majority in the house, the senate .. and a liberal president …. and to top that .. they didn't need a vote .. the cuts were set to expire .. no vote meant that they would have expired .. instead .. democrats voted to extent the very tax cuts they are now wanting to do away with … makes no sense to me .
    The tax cut extension was made so millions of unemployed Americans could continue to receive unemployment benefits.

    Obama announces tentative deal to extend Bush tax cuts - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  6. #586
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wait a minute....When a republican administration is in office you wouldn't take anything they have to say as credible, yet when it is Obama then it is always the truth?

    Really?


    j-mac
    What? You can back this crap up?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #587
    Advisor Polotick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-17-11 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    374

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Getting past wether it is a loophole or not... How does raising the tax rate on the oil industry help with either of the things you are complaining about (higher prices and "record profits").
    Odd, I thought it was obvious. We are stuck with higher prices for as long as NATO and the West continue to meddle in ME affairs because of speculators.

    It would however stop the glut of record profits and put more money in the coffers.

  8. #588
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    When they can earn their money without using public resources like the roads, the Post Office, electricity, the internet, etc then they can keep ALL of the money.
    Pure class warfare. So let me see, if a small businessman starts an enterprise, and hires let's say, 50 people, pays them a decent wage, and kicks in for benefits, pays his overhead, and makes a small profit for his own. You feel entitled to his money. How much?

    Until then, we're taking OUR share of the money.
    Your share? What makes you believe that you are entitled to ANY earnings of another?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #589
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What? You can back this crap up?
    I understand that it is an anecdotal question. But really now Red, you trusted the government under Bush?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #590
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Polotick View Post
    Odd, I thought it was obvious. We are stuck with higher prices for as long as NATO and the West continue to meddle in ME affairs because of speculators.

    It would however stop the glut of record profits and put more money in the coffers.
    Does the US have any strategic interests in the ME?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •