Page 58 of 212 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #571
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    And thank YOU TD, for demonstrating the typical mindset of the GOP today......Tax cuts for the wealthy on the back of the middle and working classes. America is getting a perfect picture of which party represents which interests.
    "on the backs"....??? Tell me other than this being nothing of substance, how allowing people that make over $200K per year, many of whom are small businesses that employ 80% of this country's "Working class" to keep more of their own hard earned money is anything but a positive in the long run?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #572
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    no I don't .. . I just know what I'm spending in the grocery stores .. and other needed expenses to survive .. and I'm sorry .. it seems like a hole lot more then 1.6 % more .. that was the only reason I asked if you really believed those numbers
    So in other words, you think you are more accurate the the government because you can see the little picture. When you can document your claim, feel free to get back to me.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #573
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "on the backs"....??? Tell me other than this being nothing of substance, how allowing people that make over $200K per year, many of whom are small businesses that employ 80% of this country's "Working class" to keep more of their own hard earned money is anything but a positive in the long run?

    j-mac
    When they can earn their money without using public resources like the roads, the Post Office, electricity, the internet, etc then they can keep ALL of the money. Until then, we're taking OUR share of the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #574
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    And thank YOU TD, for demonstrating the typical mindset of the GOP today......Tax cuts for the wealthy on the back of the middle and working classes. America is getting a perfect picture of which party represents which interests.
    have a simple question, if tax increases are suddenly so important to Obama and the liberal left … then why in the hell didn't they just let the Bush tax cuts expire … they had the majority in the house, the senate .. and a liberal president …. and to top that .. they didn't need a vote .. the cuts were set to expire .. no vote meant that they would have expired .. instead .. democrats voted to extent the very tax cuts they are now wanting to do away with … makes no sense to me .

  5. #575
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, no....Who republished this graph...Where are you gleaning your info on this?

    Even if I am to take at face value this graph, you want me to hold that Geithner, the man that Obama trots out to make excuses for him as some paragon of the truth? Really....lol


    j-mac
    I did some looking, and the origin of the chart seems to be from the Los Angeles Free Net web site. No I am not making that up.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #576
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    have a simple question, if tax increases are suddenly so important to Obama and the liberal left then why in the hell didn't they just let the Bush tax cuts expire they had the majority in the house, the senate .. and a liberal president . and to top that .. they didn't need a vote .. the cuts were set to expire .. no vote meant that they would have expired .. instead .. democrats voted to extent the very tax cuts they are now wanting to do away with makes no sense to me .
    we didn't want to let taxes increase on the Middle-class.

  7. #577
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So in other words, you think you are more accurate the the government because you can see the little picture. When you can document your claim, feel free to get back to me.
    okay .. glad to see that you feel that spending more on food .. gas .. electric are considered little things for American citizens ..

  8. #578
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The chart lists the source of the data used. If you think there's something wrong with the chart, then use the data to refute it.

    And I have no idea what Geithner has to do with this. He didn't make the chart or compile the data.
    Why won't you tell us where you got the chart? A source is not only called for if you expect to retain credibility in your argument, but called for by this sites rules for posting....

    9. Copyrighted Material - All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work.
    Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 US CODE: Title 17,107. Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

    If a source is not available online, is not free to the public (Lexis/Nexis, books, academic papers, etc), or requires registration to be accessed, then a comprehensive citation will suffice. Keep in mind that your position may be weakened if the original source is not easily accessible.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/forum-...rum-rules.html
    Now publish the source that you took this chart from or remove it.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #579
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    we didn't want to let taxes increase on the Middle-class.
    So then why are the Bush tax cuts .. always refered to as tax cuts for the weathly ??

  10. #580
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    have a simple question, if tax increases are suddenly so important to Obama and the liberal left … then why in the hell didn't they just let the Bush tax cuts expire … they had the majority in the house, the senate .. and a liberal president …. and to top that .. they didn't need a vote .. the cuts were set to expire .. no vote meant that they would have expired .. instead .. democrats voted to extent the very tax cuts they are now wanting to do away with … makes no sense to me .
    Because Obama wanted to extend unemployment benefits. The rightwing was concerned that this would interfere with their efforts to destroy the middle class so they had to be appeased with tax cuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •