Page 52 of 212 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #511
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    ah, then a lack of tax revenue is NOT responsible for our astronomical debt

    thank goodness

    because, frankly, at 61.6 trillion---and growing by 5.3 per year---there's not enough money in the galaxy

    either way, if something isn't done IMMINENTLY to fundamentally restructure our budgets, then our big 3 federal programs will simply cease to exist, as we've come to know them, for our next generation

    leadership, anyone?
    The idea that because I didn't say one thing, I said another is a logical fallacy. Try again.

    I said nothing about a lack of revenue or the national debt. We were talking about deficits.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #512
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't agree with everything you say in all your posts, but I have enjoyed your posts in this thread. Sometime, in another thread I think, we might discuss the unlikelihood of there being any return to a prue capitalistic system. Something don't work well with that, and the prue form has its own problems as well.

    Still, it's been a joy to read your posts here.
    I don't see how we can "return" to an economic system that has never existed. Govts have always been involved in economics
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #513
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,706

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You support the rightwing and the rightwing supports the TSA
    Evidence?????



  4. #514
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,706

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    All urban areas that have been run by rightwingers have been in the crapper for decades. Higher rates of abortion, teen pregnancy, welfare, poverty, etc

    Thats what the right envisions for this nation
    Do you just make crap up? Detroit, Chicago, DC, LA,



  5. #515
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Evidence?????
    Evidence for what? Complete sentences would help
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #516
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Do you just make crap up? Detroit, Chicago, DC, LA,
    I said "all urban areas that have been run by rightwingers". None of those urban areas, except LA, were run by rightwingers. They were run by centrists
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #517
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,706

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Evidence for what? Complete sentences would help
    well it worked for someone you were thanking--how many urban areas that are foundering were run by the GOP vs the Dems?



  8. #518
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    He is a traitorous piece of Leftist ****! Until the next REAL Conservative is elected I will never recognize Barry Soetoro, the Kenyan poser, as POTUS.
    noooo, i'm sorry bassman, your answer is incorrect....he is the duly elected president, and you are a citizen of this country, of which, he is president, therefore, he is YOUR PRESIDENT.. LIKE IT OR LUMP IT, IT IS WHAT IT IS.

  9. #519
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well it worked for someone you were thanking--how many urban areas that are foundering were run by the GOP vs the Dems?
    I do not know
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #520
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused

    I support tax cuts for several reasons

    1) the rich pay too much-their taxes should be cut to where they are paying their share which is far less than what they pay now

    2) the government is too big-we need to starve it

    3) democrats use tax hikes to justify more spending. I want to hurt the dem party since they are contrary to my interests

    tax hikes don't create jobs either

    in fact you can only support tax hikes if you can prove they help and you cannot
    taxes on the rich, which you claim to be, are at the lowest they have been in decades.....this has been shown to you repeatedly, so no, you don't pay to much in taxes, the argument, a strong argument, can be made that you don't pay enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •