Page 51 of 212 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #501
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The fascists are the republicans who want corporations to have unfettered power over the people
    such a pleasant fellow, you remind me of someone...

    who could it be?

    hmm...

    ah!

    that's it!

    RealClearPolitics - Video - Michael Moore: "That's Not Theirs, That's A National Resource, It's Ours"

    party on, pal

  2. #502
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama:  No Deal Without Tax HikesOn topic, not discussing other posters. This thread has too many mod boxes, no more warnings
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #503
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So in order to save the super rich some money by obstructing the removal of loopholes, the Republicans are saviors. Where as Obama is wrong because in an era of extreme spending and deficit where we may actually have to start paying for the friviolous spending of our government, raising taxes and cutting spending is unreasonable? I think it's kinda sick to hold the entire economy and most of America hostage to protect an elite class taking advantages of tax loopholes. But whatever.
    I don't agree with everything you say in all your posts, but I have enjoyed your posts in this thread. Sometime, in another thread I think, we might discuss the unlikelihood of there being any return to a prue capitalistic system. Something don't work well with that, and the prue form has its own problems as well.

    Still, it's been a joy to read your posts here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    its cute watching Cons derail the conversation.
    Not really. But I'll always remember them playing on deck as the ship went down.

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't agree with everything you say in all your posts, but I have enjoyed your posts in this thread. Sometime, in another thread I think, we might discuss the unlikelihood of there being any return to a prue capitalistic system. Something don't work well with that, and the prue form has its own problems as well.

    Still, it's been a joy to read your posts here.
    I tried to send a PM along those lines, but the inbox was full over there.

  6. #506
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I tried to send a PM along those lines, but the inbox was full over there.
    Great minds think alike.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Great minds think alike.
    It's the coffee.

  8. #508
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    closing tax loopholes is not a tax-hike.

    a tax-hike is where the tax-rate is increased for certain income levels.
    Really, so tax loopholes have no effect on taxes? Why do you think they exist then, and why do some want to close them if their net effect is zero?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #509
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    It's the coffee.
    Yall aren't going to kiss now are you?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #510
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Dems do not want higher taxes for the Middle-class and the poor.

    We only want higher taxes for the filthy rich, who's taxes keep going down...down...down.

    Cons, however, want to restrict the freedom of the people AND the states.
    Thanks for demonstrating the typical leftwing mind set. Its to punish the "filthy rich" (meaning anyone making more than 200K a year) that motivates the envious left. BTW the tax burden on everyone else has gone way down while the top 2%'s share of the tax burden has GONE UP



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •