Page 49 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #481
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Clinton raised taxes and the economy boomed. bush* cut taxes and the economy sank

    But nevermind the historical facts
    Yes, you are essentially saying never mind to historical facts by latching to amfallacy by suggesting correlation equals causation ajdnthatnere are 0 potential other factors in either situation tha could've also been the reason those things occurred.

    Those with the most fouls in the NBA tend to have the most points while those with the least amount seem to have less points, obviously this means hacking at the other teams shooters will assured you scorer points. I use great logic like sangha, it must work

  2. #482
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well it's a start. But we're still at over 9% inflation, the government can't seem to come together on a budget (which I was sure was their job), we're cutting education like hillbillies, we're still at war after 10 years which is not a plus to our deficit problems, etc.

    I mean, given enough time, yes the markets will eventually recover on their own; so we can count on that. But I ain't jumping up and down yet, it really hasn't seemed like we've addressed any issues.
    Inflation 2010 1.6 %.

    Historical Inflation Rates: 1914-2011, Annual and Monthly Tables - US Inflation Calculator
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #483
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And they'd invest their money creating jobs....in China, and India
    tell it to immelt, the JOBS CZAR

  4. #484
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes, you are essentially saying never mind to historical facts by latching to amfallacy by suggesting correlation equals causation ajdnthatnere are 0 potential other factors in either situation tha could've also been the reason those things occurred.

    Those with the most fouls in the NBA tend to have the most points while those with the least amount seem to have less points, obviously this means hacking at the other teams shooters will assured you scorer points. I use great logic like sangha, it must work
    No, I am countering the rightwing claim that tax cuts creates jobs and grows the economy, which the facts disprove.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #485
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes, you are essentially saying never mind to historical facts by latching to amfallacy by suggesting correlation equals causation ajdnthatnere are 0 potential other factors in either situation tha could've also been the reason those things occurred.

    Those with the most fouls in the NBA tend to have the most points while those with the least amount seem to have less points, obviously this means hacking at the other teams shooters will assured you scorer points. I use great logic like sangha, it must work
    Where are you in all the "why does revenue increase when tax rates are cut" threads. You are of course right, except for using basketball metaphors, which is automatically wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #486
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    All urban areas that have been run by rightwingers have been in the crapper for decades
    link please?

  7. #487
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    That's because I'm a dumbass. I really meant to type unemployment and I have zero idea how I ended up with that. Christ.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #488
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    tell it to immelt, the JOBS CZAR
    Pointing to a dem that practices rightwing economics (like "free" trade policies) does not make the rightwing policy a leftwing policy. It only makes your argument a partisan one, instead of an ideological one.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #489
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    link please?
    I'll post a link when the poster I was responding to does the same

    SO far, I've posted for more links to support my claims than anyone else in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #490
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That's because I'm a dumbass. I really meant to type unemployment and I have zero idea how I ended up with that. Christ.
    That makes more sense. I actually a couple weeks ago read a nice long article on unemployment and the problems right now. Part of the problem is the same one that happened to Bush, which is that when companies do big layoffs, they learn to get more efficient. Needless to say that is not the only problem, but it is a part of it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •