Page 29 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #281
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused

    I support tax cuts for several reasons

    1) the rich pay too much-their taxes should be cut to where they are paying their share which is far less than what they pay now

    2) the government is too big-we need to starve it

    3) democrats use tax hikes to justify more spending. I want to hurt the dem party since they are contrary to my interests

    tax hikes don't create jobs either

    in fact you can only support tax hikes if you can prove they help and you cannot
    The big thing about Democrats and taxes is that they're not so much interested in increased revenue as they are about controlling the populace. Generally, whenever taxes get high, and anyone with half a brain knows this, businesses and people go to where the taxes are lower.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  2. #282
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Иосиф Сталин View Post
    Taxes need to be raised, especially on the richest among us. Period. If you don't agree, you're not a patriot. Now it's your turn to show people you're prepared to sacrifice. Think about it. If the situation worsens, radical ideologies may sprout up and then your wealth will be much more in danger than before, because when people are desperate, they elect radical governments that take radical steps to fix the problems. You don't want the Government freezing or confiscating your accounts, so please don't let the economy reach a point of no return. You've been warned.

    And if you think depositing your wealth on foreign accounts is going to help, consider that a US default could plunge the whole world into chaos. With no one to protect you or no one to turn to, most of the world going hungry and desperate, you'll be defenseless and you'll lose everything you have.
    And thus enters your Communist Paradise, Bolshevik?? Sorry, but we ****canned your sorry asses with the death of the Soviet Union, Russkie!


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    The big thing about Democrats and taxes is that they're not so much interested in increased revenue as they are about controlling the populace.
    evidence????

  4. #284
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    The big thing about Democrats and taxes is that they're not so much interested in increased revenue as they are about controlling the populace. Generally, whenever taxes get high, and anyone with half a brain knows this, businesses and people go to where the taxes are lower.

    what do you expect? their master admitted that he would push tax hikes on capital gains for "Fairness" even if it didn't help the economy or increase revenues

    its buying votes by catering to envy



  5. #285
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused

    I support tax cuts for several reasons

    1) the rich pay too much-their taxes should be cut to where they are paying their share which is far less than what they pay now

    2) the government is too big-we need to starve it

    3) democrats use tax hikes to justify more spending. I want to hurt the dem party since they are contrary to my interests

    tax hikes don't create jobs either

    in fact you can only support tax hikes if you can prove they help and you cannot
    Nonsense

    1) Tax rates on the rich are low
    2) According the rightwing, tax cuts result in increased tax revenue which leads to an even BIGGER govt because govt always spends what it has (and then some)
    3) Republicrats don't need any justification to raise spending. Both parties increase spending every year. Repubicans have NEVER cut spending in the last 100 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    It seems your posts are doing that
    are you EVER going to answer a direct question?

    please provide evidence of lowering tax-rates on the rich increasing economic activity.

    please provide evidence of lowering tax-rates on the rich lowering the unemployment rate.

    thanks.

  7. #287
    Student Иосиф Сталин's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Columbus, GA
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    218

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    And thus enters your Communist Paradise, Bolshevik?? Sorry, but we ****canned your sorry asses with the death of the Soviet Union, Russkie!
    It will happen if the gap between rich and poor keeps widening. I'm not for it.
    Freedom is not free.

  8. #288
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Nonsense

    1) Tax rates on the rich are low
    2) According the rightwing, tax cuts result in increased tax revenue which leads to an even BIGGER govt because govt always spends what it has (and then some)
    3) Republicrats don't need any justification to raise spending. Both parties increase spending every year. Repubicans have NEVER cut spending in the last 100 years.
    tax rates on the rich are too high compared to everyone else so stop the nonsense

    I don't speak for the "right wing" I speak for myself. I am not a sheep unlike most on the left

    both parties suck-the dems suck more

    if you are not willing to pay the same percentage of your income in taxes as I do, you have absolutely no standing to demand I pay more



  9. #289
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what do you expect? their master admitted that he would push tax hikes on capital gains for "Fairness" even if it didn't help the economy or increase revenues

    its buying votes by catering to envy
    Historically, and we are seeing it right now, businesses are hesitant to create jobs whenever they get assraped on the taxes. Deductions and Credits be damned because they are a small pittance to what they have to pony up.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  10. #290
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Иосиф Сталин View Post
    It will happen if the gap between rich and poor keeps widening. I'm not for it.
    Oh yes you are, bolshevik.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •