Page 197 of 212 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1961
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    You have agreed that Democrats have lied about cutting spending. My last comment was on target. Have a nice day as I am going to ignore you for the rest of the day. I may check out your dishonesty tomorrow. But then, maybe not. Enjoy!!
    And once again, you take a pass on criticizing the repubs for their lies about cutting spending, balancing the budget, reducing the debt, smaller govt, and on and on
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #1962
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Okay, and the President submitted his right after the SOUA as required by law. Therefore, you can't keep with this "he didn't show leadership 'cause he submitted his budget plan after the new Republican majority House did. Nah!" Sorry, but that's how kids act.

    Fact is, the President did his job. It was then incumbant upon Congress to take both plans, as well as any proposed by the Senate, and come up with a consensus budget plan that would work. Instead, they all played party politics and offered short-term plans. Hence, the reason the President said he was unwilling to sign any 2, 3 or 6 month short-gap spending plans. I'd say he has shown leadership here. He has gone above the dollar amount of spending cuts initially requested by the GOP, but at every turn they've balked and the only reason they did so was because the President's plan called for closing tax loopholes and didn't include entitlement reform. Yet, Sen. McConnoll has said such reforms (in the tax code) could not be done in such a short time between the time he got involved in debt limit negotiations and the deadline for raising same. What a crock!! Can you say, "cop-out?"
    You do realize we are talking about the 2011 budget, right? That was due before October 1, 2010. That budget wasn't submitted by either the President or the Democrat Congress prior to October 1, 2010, why? That is a cop out. McConnoll is saying like most responsible individuals we have a spending problem not a revenue problem and that is reality

  3. #1963
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I haven't remained silent on them.

    On one hand, you acknowledge that I have admitted to the dems lying, and then you turn around and say I'm silent about the dems lies
    Could it be that the lies which you call out on the demo's are those that are not the destructive ones that we see, IOW, you call out some minor lies of that which you don't think demo's go far enough with, meanwhile we don't want their agenda in any sort.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1964
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The two things that I hate the most are ignorance and hypocracy
    hypocracy?

    LOL!

    ignorance, anyone?

  5. #1965
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I speak wingnutese fluently
    you sure do

    LOL!

    please continue

  6. #1966
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Could it be that the lies which you call out on the demo's are those that are not the destructive ones that we see, IOW, you call out some minor lies of that which you don't think demo's go far enough with, meanwhile we don't want their agenda in any sort.

    j-mac
    If you had read the thread, you'dknow that I agreed with him about the specific lies that dems have told. If he is only pointing to the non-destructive lies, then that is on him, not me
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #1967
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Okay, and the President submitted his right after the SOUA as required by law. Therefore, you can't keep with this "he didn't show leadership 'cause he submitted his budget plan after the new Republican majority House did. Nah!" Sorry, but that's how kids act.

    Fact is, the President did his job. It was then incumbant upon Congress to take both plans, as well as any proposed by the Senate, and come up with a consensus budget plan that would work. Instead, they all played party politics and offered short-term plans. Hence, the reason the President said he was unwilling to sign any 2, 3 or 6 month short-gap spending plans. I'd say he has shown leadership here. He has gone above the dollar amount of spending cuts initially requested by the GOP, but at every turn they've balked and the only reason they did so was because the President's plan called for closing tax loopholes and didn't include entitlement reform. Yet, Sen. McConnoll has said such reforms (in the tax code) could not be done in such a short time between the time he got involved in debt limit negotiations and the deadline for raising same. What a crock!! Can you say, "cop-out?"
    Can you tell me what Obama's position was on the debt ceiling in 2006 and his comments regarding that vote? If you cannot, I can. Suggest you compare that vote and comments to his now. This guy is incompetent.

  8. #1968
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    This argument is right up there with the poster who claims to have $10m and earns no income, even though he admits to earning interest income
    Twilight Zone intro - YouTube

  9. #1969
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    [QUOTE=sangha;1059665753]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    So you're saying that Bachmann doesn't want to end SS?

    That's truly amazing!!!
    No, what's truly amazing is to watch a person with clear intellectual limitations ask a question, answer it, and then comment on that answer.

  10. #1970
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, he thinks the repubs would lose if they were honest about their desires.
    says the guy who wants to hang his neighbors

    LOL!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •