Page 195 of 212 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1941
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I lay the blame for this mess squarely at the feet of Congress, not the President.
    the president is leader of his party

  2. #1942
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I have never said that only one wrong is wrong. That's just plain silliness.

    I believe that there are honest politicians, both Republican and Democrat. I am not a pure cynic, like you. So, according to you, I am a fool. I am not, but that's okay. You have clearly shown that you are dishonest and my guess is, everyone here knows it.
    No, you just only focus on the lies of dems, to the exclusion of the repub lies. That's just plain hypocrisy
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #1943
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you feel that the American people have become hopelessly dependent on government and they have no other alternatives.
    No, he thinks the repubs would lose if they were honest about their desires.

    Have you actually read the opinions posted on the subject or does your brain tend to cease up while you're muddling through the headline?
    umm, errrr.....
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #1944
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The two things that I hate the most are ignorance and hypocracy



    I hate "hypocracy" too... runnin around actin all hypocracick and ****.... I mean how dare they!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #1945
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, you just only focus on the lies of dems, to the exclusion of the repub lies. That's just plain hypocrisy
    Well, I believe the topic here is tax hikes. In this discussion, the lies of the Democrats are highly relevant.

  6. #1946
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Second you do. So, say it for the record, Bush is repsonble for increasing the debt.

  7. #1947
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why is it that those who most often profess to be "Christian" are the ones who know the least about the man?
    Perhaps you should ask the poster who introduces Jesus Christ into the conversation.

  8. #1948
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Republicans submitted theirs right after taking control of Congress in January 2011. When did they have the power to submit one prior? Ryan's plan was much higher than 1.1 trillion in spending cuts.

    Yes, debt service is around 200 billion a year with these low interest rates, 1.1 trillion divided by 10 = 110 billion
    Okay, and the President submitted his right after the SOUA as required by law. Therefore, you can't keep with this "he didn't show leadership 'cause he submitted his budget plan after the new Republican majority House did. Nah!" Sorry, but that's how kids act.

    Fact is, the President did his job. It was then incumbant upon Congress to take both plans, as well as any proposed by the Senate, and come up with a consensus budget plan that would work. Instead, they all played party politics and offered short-term plans. Hence, the reason the President said he was unwilling to sign any 2, 3 or 6 month short-gap spending plans. I'd say he has shown leadership here. He has gone above the dollar amount of spending cuts initially requested by the GOP, but at every turn they've balked and the only reason they did so was because the President's plan called for closing tax loopholes and didn't include entitlement reform. Yet, Sen. McConnoll has said such reforms (in the tax code) could not be done in such a short time between the time he got involved in debt limit negotiations and the deadline for raising same. What a crock!! Can you say, "cop-out?"
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 07-19-11 at 04:00 PM.

  9. #1949
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    OK, so you agree that the wealthiest americans are paying their fair share, despite your claim that they weren't. Good.
    No

    No
    w on to your new argument:
    "The U.S. tax system is based on that idea that taxes system should encourge economic growth."

    According to who? Sounds like your opinion, you can't really raise that as a debate topic. But you can try by providing some evidence that this is why we're taxed. Because everything I'm reading simply points to the fact that it's a congressional power.

    According to just about everyone who is posting in this thread, judging by their arguments. Do you really think posters are arguing that their proposals for taxes have nothing to do with promoting eco growth?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #1950
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It is a very bad thing, just as it was for Bush, and why his numbers were in the tank.

    But, in any case, didn't the Democrats and their hapless presidential candidate say he Hoped to Change the Bush policies? Why are you boasting that he is not only continuing the overspending but that he has actually outBushed Bush?
    If you think I'm going to defend the current crop of dems, I'd like to sell you a bridge to nowhere while you wait
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •