Page 194 of 212 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1931
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It would help if your responses were to things I actually said, as opposed to what you would have liked me to have said.
    what, like hanging all the greedy rich?

    but only after swiping all their stuff?

    Reign of Terror - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    that approach became passe by the second republic

    party on, robespierre

  2. #1932
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And you seem to think that only one wrong is wrong.

    And only a fool would think a politician is honest.
    I have never said that only one wrong is wrong. That's just plain silliness.

    I believe that there are honest politicians, both Republican and Democrat. I am not a pure cynic, like you. So, according to you, I am a fool. I am not, but that's okay. You have clearly shown that you are dishonest and my guess is, everyone here knows it.

  3. #1933
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Its such a big idea that I think she and ALL republicans should run on it and make it the centerpiece of their campaigns.
    So you feel that the American people have become hopelessly dependent on government and they have no other alternatives.

    Have you actually read the opinions posted on the subject or does your brain tend to cease up while you're muddling through the headline?

  4. #1934
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, I speak wingnutese fluently
    You remain totally dishonest.

  5. #1935
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    why did the Senate vote that way?
    because the president's budget, submitted to congress in february, was that big a loser

    hello

  6. #1936
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,510

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Our tax system is not predicated on people paying their fair share.; it's based on the idea that our tax system should encourage economic growth
    OK, so you agree that the wealthiest americans are paying their fair share, despite your claim that they weren't. Good.

    Now on to your new argument:
    "The U.S. tax system is based on that idea that taxes system should encourge economic growth."

    According to who? Sounds like your opinion, you can't really raise that as a debate topic. But you can try by providing some evidence that this is why we're taxed. Because everything I'm reading simply points to the fact that it's a congressional power.

    The fact that you're wrong about this new claim as well shouldn't cloud the fact that it's an important point that in the U.S. there is no clear constitutional declaration of the purpose of taxes, and in some other countries there are such statements...interesting?

  7. #1937
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Republicans think they are God and want to punish people for their sins.
    link?

    LOL!

  8. #1938
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Borrow and spend was the republican policy under bush*. Now that we have a dem president, borrow and spend is suddenly A Very Bad Thing
    It is a very bad thing, just as it was for Bush, and why his numbers were in the tank.

    But, in any case, didn't the Democrats and their hapless presidential candidate say he Hoped to Change the Bush policies? Why are you boasting that he is not only continuing the overspending but that he has actually outBushed Bush?

  9. #1939
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My new deductions for 2011 were increased by the following so thank you liberals for the upcoming refund

    I listed....... '12 million illegal immigrants, 10 million crack heads, 20 million unemployed bastards too lazy to work, the entire cast of The Jerry Springer Show, 140,000 people in 133 penal establishments in California, 2 million leftovers from Katrina, half of Mexico, all of the House of Representatives, most of the Senate, and Michelle Obama’s trip to visit relatives in Africa.
    This argument is right up there with the poster who claims to have $10m and earns no income, even though he admits to earning interest income
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #1940
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You've changed your argument. Just a short while ago, you were saying that no one was proposing to end SS. Now, it's OK that republicans are proposing to end SS
    Actually that's not what I said at all, which is why I insist that Leftists use quotes. As well, your lack of comprehension skills has been well noted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •