Page 190 of 212 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1891
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The deficits under the dem president went down. Under the repuke presidents, it went up
    I understand that when the GOP was in the Executive in the 1980s and 1990s, the Democrats lied about making the cuts. You have acknowledged that. You are being totally disingenuous in ignoring that fact when you make your faulty comments. A little context helps.

  2. #1892
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    WRONG!

    From the Hill.com:


    It was rejected in the Senate not because it wasn't serious, but because for Republicans it called for eliminated the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy - something the GOP will not back away from - and the Dems learned of the President's intentions to propose still more spending cuts and would rather have seen the high cost cuts take affect than what was originally proposed.

    So, take the President's February budget of $1 trillion in spending cuts and leave an additional $2 trillion on the table, or reject the President's plan and seek more cuts? Which would you choose? Of course a plan that was proposed in February but wasn't brought to a vote until May would be rejected if the 2nd plan was better. Who wouldn't accept the latter over the former?
    1.1 trillion over 10 years is 110 billion a year which won't pay the debt servive on the debt. No Democrat voted for it, why? Democrats control the Senate. Obama proposed a budget only because Ryan and the House did after Republicans took control of Congress

  3. #1893
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There are far too many that misinterpretted the Obama "Hope and Change" Message in that they believed it meant one thing whereas Obama meant it another way. Too many buy the rhetoric, are brainwashed, overwhelmed by the youth, vigor, and smile but ignore the incompetence. You can never delegate responsibility which is what Obama does all the time. You can delegate authority but never responsibility. Someone Obama doesn't understand that.
    EXACTLY! Which is why I lay the blame for this mess squarely at the feet of Congress, not the President.

  4. #1894
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Watch it, you are dealing with someone who runs to the Mods when challenged to get you thread banned. I want you to remain here doing a great job. Those people I ignore and will never communicate with again
    No, I will not always ignore. Some are lost and will never be found. I don't write for their benefit. I write for the benefit of others. I always have and I always will.

  5. #1895
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Where did I say anything about a govt mandate. It would help if your responses were to things I actually said, as opposed to what you would have liked me to have said.
    Well, then your comment is meaningless with regards to this discussion. If you wish to talk about Jesus and God, I would suggest you take it to the Religious threads here. There it would be meaningful.

  6. #1896
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.1 trillion over 10 years is 110 billion a year which won't pay the debt servive on the debt. No Democrat voted for it, why? Democrats control the Senate. Obama proposed a budget only because Ryan and the House did after Republicans took control of Congress
    Got any proof of that? What's your timeline on who submitted their budget proposals? Remember: President Obama submitted his budget in early February, 2011. When did Paul Ryan and House Republicans submit theirs?

    Also, as I stated in an ealier post to this thread, per the GOP Pledge to America, their baseline for spending cuts was $1 billion/per year. Seems to me the President's original budget proposal would have netted them just over their baseline benchmark. And yet they rejected the offer.

  7. #1897
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    EXACTLY! Which is why I lay the blame for this mess squarely at the feet of Congress, not the President.
    Congress was totally controlled by the Democrats from January 2007 to January 2011 when the Republicans took over the House. The budget was due prior to October 2010 but democrats didn't want to prevent one because of the election. Democrats could have addressed the current debt crisis anytime in 2009 or 2010 so where was the Obama leadership to push Congress for a plan?

  8. #1898
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Now, ask yourself and be honest about it...why did the Senate vote that way?
    They voted that way because the entire Senate knew it was a bogus plan. Had it been even a fair program, it would have gotten a vote or two.

  9. #1899
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Oh, so Bush and the GOP ran up the deficits and now the GOP wants to dramatically cut spending and you say they are the same. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No, the republicans only SAY they want to dramatically cut spending, but when the President offered to do so, the repubs ran out of the room like a bunch of schoolgirls with a spider in their hair
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #1900
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Not at all. we get the meaning of that election.

    Get out and vote and don't let the wingnuts catch you resting on your fat behind.
    Aha! So you did not learn the lesson. Oh well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •