Page 189 of 212 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1881
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If only you had.
    says the 60 second clicker who disparages research

    then reasons on behalf of the choices bing and bobb are making in detroit

    LOL!

  2. #1882
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Now, ask yourself and be honest about it...why did the Senate vote that way?
    Politics, of course
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #1883
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Second you do. So, say it for the record, Bush is repsonble for increasing the debt.
    Of course Bush is responsible for the debt on his term, 4.9 trillion in 8 years. Obama has generated 4 trillion in three. President's get a lot of help on the debt, they cannot spend a dime without Congressional approval. Congress was under Democrat control from January 2007-January 2011

  4. #1884
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    And Democrats think they are God and want to be the ones that punish people for their sins, rather than God Himself.
    Republicans think they are God and want to punish people for their sins. That's why the rightwing Talibornagains always vote GOP
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #1885
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I did. It wasn't an honest effort.
    WRONG!

    From the Hill.com:

    The president’s budget called for ending tax cuts for the wealthy and a three-year domestic spending freeze, saving an estimated $1.1 trillion over 10 years. Democratic senators at the time called it “an important step forward”, “a good start” and a “credible blueprint.”

    No Democratic senator was willing to support it, however, after Obama discussed a more ambitious plan at George Washington University to save $4 trillion over 12 years. Republicans criticized his speech for lacking detail.
    It was rejected in the Senate not because it wasn't serious, but because for Republicans it called for eliminating the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy - something the GOP will not back away from - and the Dems learned of the President's intentions to propose still more spending cuts and would rather have seen the high cost cuts take affect than what was originally proposed.

    So, take the President's February budget of $1 trillion in spending cuts and leave an additional $2-3 trillion on the table, or reject the President's plan and seek more cuts? Which would you choose? Of course a plan that was proposed in February but wasn't brought to a vote until May would be rejected if the 2nd plan was better. Who wouldn't accept the latter over the former?
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 07-19-11 at 03:23 PM.

  6. #1886
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because we all know how honest those Congress critters are, right?
    I have no clue what this means. The Dems in the Senate had the numbers to pass this. They knew that there was absolutely no way it was a responsible budget and wanted nothing to do with it.

  7. #1887
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    They all share the same republican brain cell. The names have been changed, but it's the same bunch of theives they've always been
    Oh, so Bush and the GOP ran up the deficits and now the GOP wants to dramatically cut spending and you say they are the same. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #1888
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    WRONG!
    It was rejected in the Senate not because it wasn't serious, but because for Republicans it called for eliminated the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy - something the GOP will not back away from - and the Dems learned of the President's intentions to propose still more spending cuts and would rather have seen the high cost cuts take affect than what was originally proposed.

    So, take the President's February budget of $1 trillion in spending cuts and leave an additional $2 trillion on the table, or reject the President's plan and seek more cuts? Which would you choose? Of course a plan that was proposed in February but wasn't brought to a vote until May would be rejected if the 2nd plan was better. Who wouldn't accept the latter over the former?
    This is the problem we have right now. Obama isn't trustworthy. He sends Congress a budget but says that he has other ideas for more cuts. Well if so, why weren't they simply included in the budget?

    I'll answer. Because these cuts would never have materialized.

  9. #1889
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    The right wing position on getting rid of Social Security because its going to cost money down the road in thirty years reminds me of a couple who put aside five dollars a week for their childs college education at Harvard.

    At age eight, they are informed that they will need a whole lot more to cover the costs than what they are on track to save. So they go home, throw out the kids HARVARD CLASS OF 2025 t-shirt and tell the kid, "sorry son, lets practice saying "welcome to wal-mart".
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #1890
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    When does one stop the bleeding...





    When does one think that we may have spent too much?



    What's the end game to all this spending?




    How much more does the far left wing need to fix this? dollars please.
    Deficits don't actually reflect spending, they reflect revenue versus spending. For example, compare that chart with this one, which is actual spending by year, and you'll see both parties increase spending...


    chart.jpg

    www.usgovernmentspending.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •