Page 178 of 212 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1771
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    TARP was spent passed in fiscal year 2009 and most of it has been spent and most of it has been repaid. Now what?
    TARP was passed under bush* and the spending was included in FY2010
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #1772
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Then Michelle Bachmann has a plan to wean people off social security.

    You feel this is a bad idea?
    You've changed your argument. Just a short while ago, you were saying that no one was proposing to end SS. Now, it's OK that republicans are proposing to end SS
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #1773
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Here is a really radical marxist/leninist/trotskyite/bolsehvik/ leftist/communist idea for you and I know how strange and unbelievable this is going to sound

    1) a budget has two sides to it
    2) deal with both sides


    When does one stop the bleeding...





    When does one think that we may have spent too much?



    What's the end game to all this spending?




    How much more does the far left wing need to fix this? dollars please.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #1774
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    TARP was spent passed in fiscal year 2009 and most of it has been spent and most of it has been repaid. Now what?
    Fiscal years go from October 1 of one year onto September 30 of the following year. Therefore, FY2009 began on October 1, 2008. And when was TARP enacted?

    The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008.
    Wanna try that one again?

  5. #1775
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,068

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You've changed your argument. Just a short while ago, you were saying that no one was proposing to end SS. Now, it's OK that republicans are proposing to end SS
    What you are doing is not fair. You are using the words of the other side to show they were wrong. Stop that or else.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1776
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Jesus Christ thought so?

    Another reason why Leftists are seldom sought out for their opinions on Christian teachings.
    Why is it that those who most often profess to be "Christian" are the ones who know the least about the man?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #1777
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,068

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Fiscal years go from October 1 of one year onto September 30 of the following year. Therefore, FY2009 began on October 1, 2008. And when was TARP enacted?



    Wanna try that one again?
    Using the historical record like that is ... well .... is that allowed here?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #1778
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post



    There someone found it for you... Puts your chart in perspective, no?
    Yes, it shows the massive deficits in FY2010 caused by repubican legislation passed the previous year and signed by bush*
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #1779
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    That's good because that's not what you asked me and not what I answered.
    Funny, I think it is what I asked you. To expalin your comment, which you made in response to a claim that greenspan said he was wrong. Go back and look.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1780
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Using the historical record like that is ... well .... is that allowed here?


    It is. see this is not team politics for at leat me, Bush's tarrp was a trainwreck, that spawned the tea party movement, that is no excuse however for Obama to double down then ask for more. We simply cannot afford it.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •