Page 171 of 212 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1701
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There are a lot places here where civil discourse breaks down. Just read a post from the Prof sometime. If we would all agree to behave civil, you'd hear no argument from me.
    Yes, civil discourse can break down but that was not what we were discussing, Posts were being changed, remember?

  2. #1702
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Some dandy born on third base to a team owned by Daddykins while Mumsy is there to bribe the umpire on close calls foolishly thinks he has hit a home run in life as the fool crosses the plate while the servants are paid to cheer wildly.
    oh, yes, we must put a stop to mumsy and daddykins, the health of the nation is at stake

    U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions - USATODAY.com

    at 61.6T, growing 5.3 per year, however, there aren't enough diamond pacifiers on the planet

    big picture

    leadership, anyone?

  3. #1703
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I see. Your OT posts are OK. Others relevant posts are not

    Kinda looks like he considers his stack of straw is the righteous stack but others are not quite so righteous eh?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #1704
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Our tax system is not predicated on people paying their fair share.; it's based on the idea that our tax system should encourage economic growth
    you don't know what you're talking about

    Obama: Raise Taxes, Capital Gains - "For Purposes of Fairness - YouTube

  5. #1705
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    When the top 20% own 84% of our nationís wealth and it is increasing every year.Kinda looks like were fast approaching the point that they are the only ones that have the dough to pay for our wars.
    Or more young people among that 80% can be taught how wealth is created. Judging from many posts on these boards it seems that wealth creation had become a bit of a mystery.

  6. #1706
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Or more young people among that 80% can be taught how wealth is created. Judging from many posts on these boards it seems that wealth creation had become a bit of a mystery.
    non sequitor
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #1707
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Stop with the stawman arguments. Presidents Reagan and both Bush and his father spent plenty. We were well on our way to solving our debt problem until the Bush tax cuts and his misguided wars.
    So because President's Reagan and Both Bushs spent plenty that gives Obama the right to put that spending on steroids? Obama's 2010 budget was 700 billion more than the Bush 2008 budget. You don't seem to get it, we have a spending problem not a tax problem. It has been posted many times FIT revenue went up AFTER the Reagan and Bush tax cuts but in your world you have no problem raising taxes with 24 plus million unemployed or unemployed Americans and supposedly giving more money to the politicians that have given us a 14.4 trillion dollar debt. That doesn't make any sense and is purely the liberal ideology. Have you ever looked at the budget of the United States? Try it some times and tell me why the Federal Govt. spends as much as it does and what can be cut and do that before buying the political rhetoric that we need more taxes.

    When you have a budget problem do you first find a way to raise more revenue or do you check what expenses can be cut? Stop with the ideological rants and think.

  8. #1708
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,748

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    oh, yes, we must put a stop to mumsy and daddykins, the health of the nation is at stake

    U.S. funding for future promises lags by trillions - USATODAY.com

    at 61.6T, growing 5.3 per year, however, there aren't enough diamond pacifiers on the planet

    big picture

    leadership, anyone?
    Its is sad that you do not want people to be all they can be in America. It is sad that you have to defend the fops and dandies of the upper class while carrying water for them.

    Interesting article.

    It fails to look at two very real facts of life in America:
    1) Social Security has not added one dollar in deficit spending in any year since it was enacted
    2) Social Security has not added one dollar to the national debt at any time in the last seven plus decades

    But we are led to believe by the right wing extremists that we must cut the program to save the national deficit crisis. Sorry, one plus one does not make fifty-eight.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1709
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Its is sad that you do not want people to be all they can be in America. It is sad that you have to defend the fops and dandies of the upper class while carrying water for them.

    Interesting article.

    It fails to look at two very real facts of life in America:
    1) Social Security has not added one dollar in deficit spending in any year since it was enacted
    2) Social Security has not added one dollar to the national debt at any time in the last seven plus decades

    But we are led to believe by the right wing extremists that we must cut the program to save the national deficit crisis. Sorry, one plus one does not make fifty-eight.
    If SS hasn't added anything to the deficits or debt and is separate from the Budget then Obama shouldn't be scaring seniors about not getting their checks out on time the first of August. The money should be there for payments.

  10. #1710
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,748

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If SS hasn't added anything to the deficits or debt and is separate from the Budget then Obama shouldn't be scaring seniors about not getting their checks out on time the first of August. The money should be there for payments.
    We will see ... we will see.

    Apparently your side loves to talk about ending Social Security and you get all loud and proud about it with each other... but let somebody alert seniors to the plan and you get all nervous and outraged. What gives with that ?
    Last edited by haymarket; 07-19-11 at 01:26 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •