1) most of those targeted for big tax hikes are not the super wealthy so many of the dems and the populists whine about
2) capital gains are taxed less for everyone if they are long term. jacking up capital gains only retards investment in US industry. You are just mad that some of the very richest people mostly have CG income which is not a just reason to jack up the rates because you are upset that some billionaires pay a lower overall rate than high salaried upper middle class professionals
3) dividend income is often taxed twice so maybe there should be no taxes whatsoever at the corporate level if you truly want dividend income taxed the same as other income
4) you have made no rational argument why different forms of income should be taxed the same other than your tacit admission you don't have much investment income and you are envious of those who do. that is not a sound basis for tax policy
5) the rich already pay far more of the tax burden even with all these claimed loopholes you whine about. in reality , the real loophole is allowing those-because they have so many more votes than the rich, to pay artificially low tax rates subsidized by the rich
Guess it's time to write my President and tell him he has my full support, and he best not blink.
And it's why I was wrong and you were right all along about the Republocrat thing. There really is no lesser of two evils.
President Ronald Wilson Reagan-Greatest president in my lifetime!
YO DEMOCRATS, BACKSTAB THIS!