Page 168 of 212 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1671
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I think Bush realized that we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem and although he didn't do much to cut spending his 2008 budget was 700 billion less than the 2010 Obama budget. Is there anyone here that has ever looked at the U.S. Federal Budget and questioned why we need so much revenue to fund line items that are included in state budgets? Obama wants tax hikes to redistribute wealth which is the change he envisioned but never expressed to the electorate in campaign speeches. The American people continue to buy the Obama rhetoric, his smile, his youth while ignoring his actual results.
    I believe Senator Obama, while campaigning, made it crystal clear that he wanted to redistribute wealth. Remember what he said to Joe, the plumber?

  2. #1672
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I believe Senator Obama, while campaigning, made it crystal clear that he wanted to redistribute wealth. Remember what he said to Joe, the plumber?
    Oh, I remember it well, it just didn't seem to make his campaign speeches and when he ran on the hope and change message, the message of change meant something else to the public than it meant to Obama. Obama knew exactly what he was doing, the electorate however was in a daze over his smile and rhetoric. If he had made redistribution of wealth a central theme of his campaign do you think he would have been elected?

  3. #1673
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I think Bush realized that we have a spending problem, not a revenue problem and although he didn't do much to cut spending his 2008 budget was 700 billion less than the 2010 Obama budget. Is there anyone here that has ever looked at the U.S. Federal Budget and questioned why we need so much revenue to fund line items that are included in state budgets? Obama wants tax hikes to redistribute wealth which is the change he envisioned but never expressed to the electorate in campaign speeches. The American people continue to buy the Obama rhetoric, his smile, his youth while ignoring his actual results.
    LOL....says the man who is one of the few who still thinks that GWB was an economic genius.......
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #1674
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, I remember it well, it just didn't seem to make his campaign speeches and when he ran on the hope and change message, the message of change meant something else to the public than it meant to Obama. Obama knew exactly what he was doing, the electorate however was in a daze over his smile and rhetoric. If he had made redistribution of wealth a central theme of his campaign do you think he would have been elected?
    No, I don't believe so.

  5. #1675
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, I remember it well, it just didn't seem to make his campaign speeches and when he ran on the hope and change message, the message of change meant something else to the public than it meant to Obama. Obama knew exactly what he was doing, the electorate however was in a daze over his smile and rhetoric. If he had made redistribution of wealth a central theme of his campaign do you think he would have been elected?
    Funny thing.....you guys have no problem with wealth redistribution in the form of tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans.....but you scream and holler any time the table is turned. You guys are so transparent.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #1676
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....says the man who is one of the few who still thinks that GWB was an economic genius.......
    This thread is about tax hikes so what exactly was it that I posted that is wrong? I do appreciate the jobs you have sent us from California, keep believing what you believe and soon California will be exactly like Mexico more so than it is now. Keep ignoring what has been posted:

    Press Releases - Newsroom - U.S. Senator for Florida, Marco Rubio

    “We don't need new taxes. We need new taxpayers, people that are gainfully employed, making money and paying into the tax system. Then we need a government that has the discipline to take that additional revenue and use it to pay down the debt and never grow it again. That's what we should be focused on, and that's what we're not focused on.

    “You look at all these taxes being proposed, and here's what I say. I say we should analyze every single one of them through the lens of job creation, issue number one in America. I want to know which one of these taxes they're proposing will create jobs. I want to know how many jobs are going to be created by the plane tax. How many jobs are going to be created by the oil company tax I heard so much about. How many jobs are created by going after the millionaires and billionaires the president talks about? I want to know: How many jobs do they create?

  7. #1677
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This thread is about tax hikes so what exactly was it that I posted that is wrong? I do appreciate the jobs you have sent us from California, keep believing what you believe and soon California will be exactly like Mexico more so than it is now. Keep ignoring what has been posted:
    More of the failed rhetoric of the "Trickle-down" believers. Question Con......why do you guys keep trying to same failed "trickle down" policies and expect different results?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #1678
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    More of the failed rhetoric of the "Trickle-down" believers. Question Con......why do you guys keep trying to same failed "trickle down" policies and expect different results?
    Looks like you need a little of something including trickle down. L.A. 11.9% unemployment.

    http://www.calmis.ca.gov/file/lfmonth/la$pds.pdf
    Last edited by Conservative; 07-19-11 at 11:59 AM.

  9. #1679
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Looks like you need a little of something including trickle down. L.A. 11.9% unemployment.

    http://www.calmis.ca.gov/file/lfmonth/la$pds.pdf
    Nice dodge....I'll ask again Con: Why do you guys keep trying the same failed trickle down policies and expect the results to be different from before? Perhaps you can try answering this time rather than dancing a shuffle.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #1680
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nice dodge....I'll ask again Con: Why do you guys keep trying the same failed trickle down policies and expect the results to be different from before? Perhaps you can try answering this time rather than dancing a shuffle.
    Want to talk about failure, then talk about liberalism and "your" President who wants to raise taxes with 24 million unemployed and underemployed Americans. How does that put people back to work paying taxes. We don't need more taxes we need more taxpayers. With 11.9% unemployment in an area that I am sure has never used trickle down, I seriously doubt you should be pointing to a failure of a policy that you truly don't understand

    Press Releases - Newsroom - U.S. Senator for Florida, Marco Rubio

    “We don't need new taxes. We need new taxpayers, people that are gainfully employed, making money and paying into the tax system. Then we need a government that has the discipline to take that additional revenue and use it to pay down the debt and never grow it again. That's what we should be focused on, and that's what we're not focused on.

    “You look at all these taxes being proposed, and here's what I say. I say we should analyze every single one of them through the lens of job creation, issue number one in America. I want to know which one of these taxes they're proposing will create jobs. I want to know how many jobs are going to be created by the plane tax. How many jobs are going to be created by the oil company tax I heard so much about. How many jobs are created by going after the millionaires and billionaires the president talks about? I want to know: How many jobs do they create?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •