Page 163 of 212 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1621
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Our fear of impoverishing people through taxation has led us to lower taxes on those who are not even at risk of falling to middle class through taxation, while keeping taxes on the lower income families high enough to push them towards, even into, poverty. "
    Payroll Taxes & Tax Fairness
    That's certainly one theory. Given what I read on this forum and elsewhere on the internet, I think Greenspan's is more accurate:

    The former boss of the Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan, said the reason Gen-Xers are unemployed and suffering from a lower standard of living is because they are lazy, stupid, and unproductive. U.S. companies would be better off hiring immigrants.

    "Baby boomers are being replaced by groups of young workers who have regrettably scored rather poorly in international educational match-ups over the last two decades,” said Greenspan. “The average income of U.S. households headed by 25-year-olds and younger has been declining relative to the average income of the baby boomer population. This is a reasonably good indication that the productivity of the younger part of our workforce is declining relative to the level of productivity achieved by the retiring baby boomers. This raises some major concerns about the productive skills of our future U.S. labor force."

  2. #1622
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    That's certainly one theory. Given what I read on this forum and elsewhere on the internet, I think Greenspan's is more accurate:
    Greenspan has publicly stated that he was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #1623
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Greenspan has publicly stated that he was wrong
    Take a tour of the graduate departments at any good university and you will see that he's not.

  4. #1624
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Take a tour of the graduate departments at any good university and you will see that he's not.
    Explain if you will.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1625
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You are as extreme left as I am "extreme Right". Its a silly comment as is your claim of someone being delusional because they use "marxist" more loosely than you do
    Hardly, but even if I were, it wouldn't make you any less delusional.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1626
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It shouldn't happen at all. That's how the honor system breaks down.
    There are a lot places here where civil discourse breaks down. Just read a post from the Prof sometime. If we would all agree to behave civil, you'd hear no argument from me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1627
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    when you say tax cuts cause deficits rather than spending you pretty much have left the realm of reality
    I'd say you be hard pressed to prove either true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1628
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Explain if you will.
    He seems to think the opinons of grad students means Greenspan never said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #1629
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    That's certainly one theory. Given what I read on this forum and elsewhere on the internet, I think Greenspan's is more accurate:

    "The former boss of the Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan, said the reason Gen-Xers are unemployed and suffering from a lower standard of living is because they are lazy, stupid, and unproductive. U.S. companies would be better off hiring immigrants."

    That's quite the campaign slogan for next November that you've got there Taylor! You guys should bring that up at every town meeting across the country.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #1630
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    the rightwing thinks that income taxes are the only taxes that exist
    LOL!

    you don't know what you're talking about

    GOVERNOR ANDREW M. CUOMO STATE OF THE STATE ADDRESS | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

    "we have the worst business tax climate in the nation, period, our taxes are 66% higher than the national average"

    "what made new york the empire state was a not a large government complex, it was a vibrant private sector that was creating great jobs, and that's what's going to make us the empire state again"

    "at the heart of this state is business"

    "we have to relearn the lesson our founders knew and we have to put up a sign that says new york is open for business, we get it, and this is going to be a business friendly state"

    "we are going to have to confront the tax situation in our state, property taxes in this state are killing new yorkers, thirteen of the sixteen highest tax counties are in new york when assessed by home value"

    "westchester county has the highest property taxes in the united states, nassau county has the second highest"

    "we have to hold the line on taxes for now and reduce taxes in the future, new york has no future as the tax capital of the nation, our young people will not stay, our business will not come"

    "put it simply, the people of this state simply cannot afford to pay any more taxes, period"

    he aint just talking income taxes, trotsky

    cuz if the superstar gub of dark blue new york is cutting ten billion across the board with no new taxes...

    it must get lonely in leningrad

    seeya at the polls---in peoria

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •