Page 153 of 212 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1521
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,546

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    tax-cuts without an equal amount in spending cuts, means a higher deficit.

    its simple logic.
    that is somewhat accurate but you assume that tax cuts mean a guaranteed reduction of revenue which may or may not be true

    but what causes the deficits is SPENDING



  2. #1522
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And none of those companies cite taxes as the reason why they outsourced. They do it because they can get cheap labor.
    They'll do it for a number of reasons. If companies can make more money elsewhere, given the right opportunities and incentives, they'll move. That's just what people do as well.

  3. #1523
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. It wouldn't. Again, there is really nothing more than lip service to anyone actually wanting to solve the problem, especially in the states. Those who make money, want cheap labor. As long as that is true, there will be a place here for illegals.
    Their corporate master need the cheap labor. Too bad the wingnuts will never realize that their so-called representatives are never going to deliver on their promises to close the border
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #1524
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    constantly spewing a stockpile of propaganda or rants that prove nothing and then are cited dishonestly to say they prove your point is rather worthless. I don't believe the stuff you post is either objective or necessarily objective. For example, tax cuts do cause deficits. and its republican spending that causes deficits. The best you can do is blame the middle class for being parasites. Its the stupidity and corruption of rightwingers that causes the deficits
    Nice rant.

  5. #1525
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,546

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It goes against the idea that in America, you are what you make yourself - not what Daddykins and Mumsy bestowed upon you. And that hurts America.
    what really goes against what America was founded on is 47% of the voters not paying any federal income taxes but instead lying back and sucking of the wealth that others earned. Income tax runs contrary to the idea upon which this country was founded

    if you are going to spew your hate at the rich based on what America is based on you need to save most of your loathing for the freeloaders. a kid who inherits a billion and never invests it but merely goes under the mattress each week to spend some of what was left after the death tax toll might be a sloth but he isn't costing me any money because as you say, the dead don't pay taxes and what was taking from his inheritance is going to cover his costs for the rest of his life if a billion remains. what costs me money are those who are getting money FROM the taxpayers merely because they EXIST and they cannot or will not (or a combination thereof) pay their own way

    and your claim about America is complete BS. Much of what this country was founded on was people making sacrifices so their children would have it better than they did. Its the mindset of just about every old money family around. People who saved and invested and worked hard for their children rather than spending recklessly and foolishly.



  6. #1526
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The rightwing doesn't understand the word "our"
    this guy does

    RealClearPolitics - Video - Michael Moore: "That's Not Theirs, That's A National Resource, It's Ours"

    i'd sure hate to have to run against mainstream michael's positions in a national election...

    LOL!
    Last edited by The Prof; 07-18-11 at 10:18 PM.

  7. #1527
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,546

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Many believe that the middle class exists to service the needs of corporations and the wealthy. Threats from the wealthy to move away to avoid paying their fair share are empty and should be mocked because the wealthy parasites and their panderers are cowards and have no intention of carrying through with the threats

    that is one reason why the right loves states rights and want a huge federal government-if welfare and other handouts were left to the people as the founders intended, any rightwinger that became too greedy would quickly be hung fo treason and the wealthy would quake.

    it would keep any one or a few states from becoming too greedy to the wealthy non-producers and too hostile to the workers. the right despises such a system and wants their corporate overlords to impose redistribution nationally
    the problem with this rant is that you make idiotic assumptions--I don't know any wealthy people who are against paying a fair share based on any OBJECTIVE assessment. right now the richest 1-5% of the population pay far more than their fair share based on any OBJECTIVE assessment

    if you use share of income the top 1 percent pay almost 40% of the income tax burden (and almost all the death tax burden) yet make 22% of the income and certainly do not have 100% of the "estate" wealth

    if its based on use of government services no one can honestly claim that 40% of what the income tax funds is directed to the top one percent

    so the problem is your definition of "fair share" is a punitive amount that is neither honest nor realistic

    so you Joe Hillesque psychobabble might resonate with those who are mad that they aren't rich but it has no objective reality



  8. #1528
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    They have to pass one that has a chance of geting through the Senate.
    what a joke

    President's budget sinks, 97-0 - TheHill.com

    LOL!

  9. #1529
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It goes against the idea that in America, you are what you make yourself - not what Daddykins and Mumsy bestowed upon you. And that hurts America.
    When the state stops protecting one's right to one's property then the state must be abolished. We can rebel. And perhaps we will.

  10. #1530
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry dear... I was saying a little context never hurts, but silly me for rattling off so many two-syllable words at you. Though next time, don't forget you can always use the dictionary (that big book of words)!
    What "context"?? You thought you were refuting something or saying something of significance, but there's no there there. That's why you still can't explain the relevance of your post
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •