Page 149 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Anyone who honestly buys into that type of thinking needs a helmet.
    Really? Where are your areas of disagreement?

    You feel its okay to change another person's postngs?

  2. #1482
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,726

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Anyone who honestly buys into that type of thinking needs a helmet.
    If one has the beliefs you do I can see your point. Obama fans are never going to claim he is a marxist and real marxists (text book definition versus the commonly used version) are upset that Obama is not a hard core communist, more of a luke warm welfare socialist. However, Obama is closer to marxism than most of the presidents we have had in the last 50 years-far more left than Slick Willy or the other truly incompetent dem (Jimmy Carter)



  3. #1483
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Really? Where are your areas of disagreement?

    You feel its okay to change another person's postngs?
    I didn't say that. I said anyone who buys into the thinking that the president of the US is a Marxist needs a helmet. Kind of the same with Bush was a Facist. It is rather stupid thinking. And it really hinders any meaningful debate.

    Now, if you actually change someone's post, making it look like the poster actually said something they didn't, that's something that should be stopped and delt with. if as many here have done, you reply and in the reply box make a change you note as a change, well, it may well be silly, annoying, even childish in some cases, and certainly not productive. But, that happens here a fair bit.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1484
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If one has the beliefs you do I can see your point. Obama fans are never going to claim he is a marxist and real marxists (text book definition versus the commonly used version) are upset that Obama is not a hard core communist, more of a luke warm welfare socialist. However, Obama is closer to marxism than most of the presidents we have had in the last 50 years-far more left than Slick Willy or the other truly incompetent dem (Jimmy Carter)
    Only in delusional land.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1485
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    I understand that English is often difficult to understand. That's okay. I have now posted the numbers. Have a nice day!
    And you chose only to look at income taxes and not the other taxes that were cut for the wealthy. Imagine that!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #1486
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,726

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Only in delusional land.
    as I noted- due to your mantra and your leftist philosophy you believe that. I reject your beliefs and your conclusion but I don't doubt your sincerity. for you to claim he is delusional is your opinion that can neither be proved nor disproved.



  7. #1487
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,726

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And you chose only to look at income taxes and not the other taxes that were cut for the wealthy. Imagine that!
    Remind me of the relevance of that point the rich now pay a higher share of the federal income tax than at any time since you have been alive and then some



  8. #1488
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted- due to your mantra and your leftist philosophy you believe that. I reject your beliefs and your conclusion but I don't doubt your sincerity. for you to claim he is delusional is your opinion that can neither be proved nor disproved.
    Again, only in delusional land. Said the same thing about the Bush is a Facist. You guys on the extremes, are delusionaly extreme.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1489
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So you're saying that the dems support smaller tax cuts?

    I'll add that to The List of Things Everybody Knows

    Thanks for your contribution
    Oh, I'm sorry dear... I was saying a little context never hurts, but silly me for rattling off so many two-syllable words at you. Though next time, don't forget you can always use the dictionary (that big book of words)!

  10. #1490
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Rather a nihilist comment, but also untrue.
    Neither really does anything for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •