Page 129 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1281
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    The reality is that Obama is trying to do the responsible thing and actually work towards a solution. The party of No would rather play politics. Thankfully the American people are seeing the gamesmanship.

    Obama is right in saying that it cannot be accomplished by spending cuts alone. Republicans prefer to address the issue with cuts to the poor and elderly...saying leave the wealthiest among us alone.
    Last edited by disneydude; 07-18-11 at 03:51 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #1282
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The reality is that Obama is trying to do the responsible thing and actually work towards a solution. The party of No would rather play politics. Thankfully the American people are seeing the gamesmanship.

    Obama is right in saying that it cannot be accomplished by spending cuts alone. Republicans prefer to address the issue with cuts to the poor and elderly...saying leave the wealthiest among us alone.


    So, "don't call my bluff", "there must be tax increases", and "the debt ceilign must be raised", in order to negotiate, is "Compromise" and "working towards a solution"?


    I think it was obama who threw a tantrum, sceamed "no" and left the table, no?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #1283
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So, "don't call my bluff", "there must be tax increases", and "the debt ceilign must be raised", in order to negotiate, is "Compromise" and "working towards a solution"?


    I think it was obama who threw a tantrum, sceamed "no" and left the table, no?
    Have you tried "reasoning" with children? Sometimes you cannot talk to two year olds......
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #1284
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The reality is that Obama is trying to do the responsible thing and actually work towards a solution. The party of No would rather play politics. Thankfully the American people are seeing the gamesmanship.

    Obama is right in saying that it cannot be accomplished by spending cuts alone. Republicans prefer to address the issue with cuts to the poor and elderly...saying leave the wealthiest among us alone.
    No, American people know how to run their household budget, and that when money runs dry, it's dry. Obama believes in just signing up for more credit cards, and paying the old cards with the new cards. It's the Obama way.

  5. #1285
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, American people know how to run their household budget, and that when money runs dry, it's dry. Obama believes in just signing up for more credit cards, and paying the old cards with the new cards. It's the Obama way.
    hate to break it to you, that's the AMERICAN way.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #1286
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What is the end game here? Continue to raise the debt ceiling, continue to tax "the rich" dispraportionatley, for what end?


    I think I read somewhere if you taxed "the rich" 100% you would have 11 days.... that's it....


    I think most of this is class envy and desire to get something folks do not deserve.

    Cut the spending. you want to open the wound further to stop the bleeding, someday, enough is enough, today is that day.
    It took 3 decades of too much spending and tax cuts for the wealthy to create our debt problem. I will require 30 years of cutting spending and tax cuts to the wealthy to fix. Until we come to that realization things will continue on as they have been.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #1287
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Have you tried "reasoning" with children? Sometimes you cannot talk to two year olds......


    so in otherwords, Obama is the "party of no"..... thanks for the irony lesson and the concession, chief.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #1288
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It took 3 decades of too much spending and tax cuts for the wealthy to create our debt problem. I will require 30 years of cutting spending and tax cuts to the wealthy to fix. Until we come to that realization things will continue on as they have been.

    So keep raising the debt limit, keep increasing spending, and tax the rich more. This is your "end game"?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #1289
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Yes, next years Congress can simply write another bill overriding this one.
    Only if we let them, we have a representative government. The fault is our own. We get the government we deserve!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #1290
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So keep raising the debt limit, keep increasing spending, and tax the rich more. This is your "end game"?
    For those with a reading disability, I said we must cut spending and tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans. In other words, the reverse of what created our debt problem over the last 3 decades.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •