Page 125 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2119

Thread: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

  1. #1241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,739

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what sangha has done is to respond to my points by copying what I said and change it enough to become socialist babble rather than the point i made. its juvenile
    he actually was being rather clever. What is more appropriate than turning your same words right back on you but framing it as issues?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #1242
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    he actually was being rather clever. What is more appropriate than turning your same words right back on you but framing it as issues?
    Its rather childish



  3. #1243
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yawn-you justify your envy of the rich with the faith based nonsense that those who do better than you must have cheated. what you are really saying is that you are not as rich as them only because they engaged in nefarious or dishonest schemes.

    most wealthy people don't do anything to hurt the middle class yet people like you want to punish them because they work harder and smarter than you apparently do For every robber baron there are a 100 people who did the right things and made the right choices to get where they are.
    the rich rationalize their selfish greed and fool the rightwing dupes with faith based nonsense that those who do better than you earned it. what the right is really saying is that the middle class deserves to be impoverished because they engaged in nefarious or dishonest schemes.

    most wealthy people will do anything to hurt the middle class yet people like you want to reward them because they work less than the middle class. For every robber baron there are a 100 middle class people who did the right things and made the right choices to get where they are
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #1244
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You can keep telling yourself that, or you can pick up a book and learn something.

    "At least in the short term" means that while most agree raising taxes would hurt the economy, there are some that advocate permanent cuts and others that advocate an increase once the economy is in better shape.
    SO far, the only people I see agreeing with you are rightwingers, who have a long record of screwing up the economy and racking up debt
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #1245
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    the rich rationalize their selfish greed and fool the rightwing dupes with faith based nonsense that those who do better than you earned it. what the right is really saying is that the middle class deserves to be impoverished because they engaged in nefarious or dishonest schemes.

    most wealthy people will do anything to hurt the middle class yet people like you want to reward them because they work less than the middle class. For every robber baron there are a 100 middle class people who did the right things and made the right choices to get where they are
    When you post tripe like claiming most wealthy people will do anything to hurt the middle class I sort of figured where you are coming from

    Everything you post on this subject seems to be based in personal disappointment with how things have worked out for you

    I would like some proof of your claim about the "wealthy". You and haymarket constantly demand I prove my philosophy would work so its time for you to meet the same standards you and your tag team partner demand of me



  6. #1246
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Let's crash the economy and Government, to make a point about borrowing and spending, to hurt Obama, and to see what the heck happens. It might not be that bad, after all. Crash it. Make no deals with Obama. Crash the damned thing.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

  7. #1247
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Let's crash the economy and Government, to make a point about borrowing and spending, to hurt Obama, and to see what the heck happens. It might not be that bad, after all. Crash it. Make no deals with Obama. Crash the damned thing.
    Hardcore dude-hardcore



  8. #1248
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,739

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Its rather childish
    Perhaps he was mirroring your comments to make a point which you may or may not have picked up on?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1249
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    When you post tripe like claiming most wealthy people will do anything to hurt the middle class I sort of figured where you are coming from

    Everything you post on this subject seems to be based in personal disappointment with how things have worked out for you

    I would like some proof of your claim about the "wealthy". You and haymarket constantly demand I prove my philosophy would work so its time for you to meet the same standards you and your tag team partner demand of me
    When you claim that the entire left will do anything to hurt the rich I sort of figured that was coming from

    Everything you post on this subject seems to be based on an resentment of the working class. I would like some proof of your claim about the middle class. Since it's been you who has made claim after claim, I ask that you show how your philosophy would work. Its time for you to meet the same standards you demand of others
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #1250
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Obama: No Deal Without Tax Hikes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Perhaps he was mirroring your comments to make a point which you may or may not have picked up on?
    I understand it was childish. As you did too



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •