Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb
1. You say you like tyranny and I agree with you that you do. We have an agreement.
2. You sound a lot like Chicken Little.
3. We have used the "evil" lightbulbs for a century and not one person has died using them.
4. The war in Iraq was not over oil. That is a falsehood.
5. If you even wanted oil, we could get it right here in the United States, but tyrants don't want us to drill and refine for oil or gas.
6. I'm guessing that you support battery powered cars as opposed to using gasoline. Well, which uses more energy from the power plants, my "evil" lightbulbs or the battery powered cars? Don't you see the dichotomy of the left's position?
7. This is not about energy and health. This is about tyranny and control over people's lives. People, like you, want to dictate your tyranny on Americans. It's really no more difficult to understand than that. Now, either you are a dupe or you believe this Chicken Little scenario. So what do you do? You use our tax money to subsidize your pet industries, i.e alterative fuels, which are more expensive than fossil fuels. Next, you attempt, and in many cases succeed, in stopping production of fossil fuels. The result is that fossil fuel (aka gasoline) prices rise due to supply and demand. Next, you tyrannize the auto industry into building cars that only you want and to Hell with other Americans. As you do so, you increase the cost of automobiles by all the extra equipment that has to go on those cars. Next, you want to do away with cars powered by gasoline. So you want battery cars which uses more energy that your "evil" lightbulbs and not only has the price of cars risen, but so has the price of lightbulbs.
What is the theme here? Is it to have a clean environment? Not really. If lightbulbs are so evil, battery powered cars would be evilx10. No, this is about destroying the American economy so that capitalism, free enterprise, and freedom die and are replaced by socialist-liberals who believe they know better than the rest of us as to how we should live our lives.
You tell us what we can drive, what lightbulb to use, what we can eat, and the list is ever-expanding. It is time to end this liberal madness.
If the mercury lightbulbs are truly better, then they should be marketed as such and Americans should have the choice to purchase them or the "evil" lightbulbs. That is how freedom works. Tyranny dictates that you must purchase the tyrants' lightbulb.
Now, what is the upshot of this tyranny. Did you notice how prices continue spiraling upward and we have not even talked about government spending? What happens to Americans? The poor become poorer. The lower middle class become poor. The middle class loses its standard of living. And Al Gore becomes a multi-millionaire while you enslave many more Americans to the nanny state teat.
So what is your relief? Oh, yes, take more people off of the income tax rolls since they are now poor and soak the rich with higher and higher taxes.
As the closing scene of Braveheart says: FREEDOM!!
Speaking of tyranny, let's repeal The Patriot Act first, then fight over light bulbs.
TSA daily violating the 4th Amendment.
I don't see a fleet of fishing boats filled with screaming Arabs off the coast.
Are you really saying that you think TPA doesn't violate the Constitution?
I am more afraid of fishing in the rain than a terrorist. But, go lock yourself in your home and continue to forfeit your rights and freedoms in the name of a false illusion of safety.
This is going off topic but the government does have an obligation to protect the country. It's one of the few things they are supposed to do. It can't come at the expense of our rights though. There are ways to do it without making citizens give up their rights but the government doesn't have the will to do it.
Hint. Israel doesn't search every passenger but yet their planes don't get hijacked.