Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,936

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    MC what is your avatar?
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by MC.no.spin View Post
    Despair? She was saying she is happier than ever, told no one for a month, hid the body, said she was kidnapped, framed others, etc. People who think she is innocent need help right along with her ass. Learn to smell bs it will save you later.
    And did she say what she was happier than ever about?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #43
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by MC.no.spin View Post
    Despair? She was saying she is happier than ever, told no one for a month, hid the body, said she was kidnapped, framed others, etc. People who think she is innocent need help right along with her ass. Learn to smell bs it will save you later.
    If you follow the law you cannot convict a person on suspicion, you need evidence. All the evidence in this case was largely circumstantial which leaves room for reasonable doubt. If you cannot even determine the cause of death how can any sane person convict someone of 1st degree murder?

  4. #44
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    MC what is your avatar?
    It's part of a scene from Office Space where three coworkers destroy a copier.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,936

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    It's part of a scene from Office Space where three coworkers destroy a copier.
    thank you.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  6. #46
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    MC what is your avatar?
    That's Michael Bolton!

  7. #47
    Fool & Troll Handler
    MC.no.spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    If you follow the law you cannot convict a person on suspicion, you need evidence. All the evidence in this case was largely circumstantial which leaves room for reasonable doubt. If you cannot even determine the cause of death how can any sane person convict someone of 1st degree murder?
    Scott Peterson jury did just that. It's not suspicion it is making a rational conclusion based on an investigation of the data available, having a strong conviction that has no reasonable doubt.

    Even if it was reasonable to think it may have been an accidental death, it is not reasonable to think George was the caregiver at the time. Finding her guilty of manslaughter of a child was a lay-up.

    They could have said Caylee was abducted by aliens and some of you would buy it.
    Last edited by MC.no.spin; 07-10-11 at 11:59 PM.
    "Everyone has his axe to grind - his favorite fiction to pimp. We live in a world of hustlers and clowns."
    ~ Bob Somerby

  8. #48
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by MC.no.spin View Post
    Scott Peterson jury did just that. It's not suspicion it is making a rational conclusion based on an investigation of the data available, having a strong conviction that has no reasonable doubt.

    Even if it was reasonable to think it may have been an accidental death, it is not reasonable to think George was the caregiver at the time. Finding her guilty of manslaughter of a child was a lay-up.

    They could have said Caylee was abducted by aliens and some of you would buy it.
    Juries have convicted many persons in cases they should not have. Some examples are convicting persons of 1st degree murder when they do not even have a victim (no body or other evidence they are deceased) but this does not make it right.

    Were manslaughter charges put against her? I honestly do not know but if they were not then the jury can't simply find her guilty of charges no represented.

  9. #49
    Fool & Troll Handler
    MC.no.spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    Juries have convicted many persons in cases they should not have. Some examples are convicting persons of 1st degree murder when they do not even have a victim (no body or other evidence they are deceased) but this does not make it right.

    Were manslaughter charges put against her? I honestly do not know but if they were not then the jury can't simply find her guilty of charges no represented.
    Yes they were. Juror #2 said half the jurors thought she was guilty of this but the other half said there was no proof Casey was the caregiver, that it could have been George. A sign they were fooled by the defense attorney, a poor show.
    "Everyone has his axe to grind - his favorite fiction to pimp. We live in a world of hustlers and clowns."
    ~ Bob Somerby

  10. #50
    User Salty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    03-11-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    122

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Nancy Grace sure is playing this for all it's worth. Isn't there another crime somewhere in America?
    Don't get me wrong I love mysteries and this is darned sure one heck uva mystery!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •