Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 72

Thread: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

  1. #11
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Toast View Post
    The controversial part is that most people believe that the jury was not sure exactly the procedures they needed to take..Here we have a couple month long trial and the jury decided in less than 11 hours? Makes you wonder.
    You might be Right but from what I heard from Juror # three the Prosecutors proved nothing. leaving them no choice.

    All of the evidence didn't prove anything and just added to speculation and that's not even close to proof.

    It's frustrating to see but the law is clear and they did what it told them to do, as hard as it is to swallow.

  2. #12
    Fool & Troll Handler
    MC.no.spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    It is not even close to the same thing to see coverage of a criminal trial on TV or hear about on the radio as it to be in the court room and see the whole trial form start to finish.

    I this case I did manage to see much of the trial and as much as I may think something awful took place here the jury was right in that the Prosecutors were unable to prove anything they claimed other than the poor little girl was dead.

    They didn't have a clue how she died or who might have killed her if it was murder, and the law is clear they have to prove things.

    Feeling that she was murdered and that Casey did it is not proof.

    As I said in another Thread I would like to know the make up and education level of those who want the jury to pay for doing what they were charged and sworn to do.

    It's hard to be on a jury and having someones fate in your hands.
    I disagree they didn't have a clue how this child died or who did it. There was an abundance of evidence to support the fact this child was murdered by her mother. The jury failed in their responsibility to weigh the evidence properly.

    The jury failed to enter the mind of Casey, and understand what makes her tick. To this I also fault the prosecution for failing to provide a clear narrative of this (such as with psychaitrists as witnesses and their evaluations.) Perhaps they wanted to steer clear of showing mental illness for fear of an insanity defense, and it certainly would have removed the death penalty from the equation (which was a mistake to pursue in the first place.)

    I also fault the Florida legal system itself. In other states there is a "Guilty but mentally ill" verdict which could have served the prosecution well here. That verdict carries the same sentence as a guilty verdict, but time will be spent in a mental hospital until "cured." Granted, there is no known cure for sociopathy, but that is not the jury's problem to solve. The fact remains Casey IS a sociopath and that this is a mental illness. This could have given the prosecution an opportunity to show more clarity as to her motive for killing Caylee. Sociopaths only care about themselves, and jealousy was at the heart of this murder. Cindy even states as much in the myspace posting she had made shortly after Caylee was being kept from her by Casey. Cindy gave all her love to Caylee, the love that Casey used to receive. Casey ruthlessly took that away from her mom, willfully and spitefully.

    I think names of all jurors should be released, and their interviews will be fruitful in showing how they failed to notice the elephant in the room: Casey is a sociopath who was the only one capable of murder, and you don't make an accident look like a murder.
    Last edited by MC.no.spin; 07-09-11 at 06:12 PM.
    "Everyone has his axe to grind - his favorite fiction to pimp. We live in a world of hustlers and clowns."
    ~ Bob Somerby

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by MC.no.spin View Post
    I disagree they didn't have a clue how this child died or who did it. There was an abundance of evidence to support the fact this child was murdered by her mother. The jury failed in their responsibility to weigh the evidence properly.

    The jury failed to enter the mind of Casey, and understand what makes her tick. To this I also fault the prosecution for failing to provide a clear narrative of this (such as with psychaitrists as witnesses and their evaluations.) Perhaps they wanted to steer clear of showing mental illness for fear of an insanity defense, and it certainly would have removed the death penalty from the equation (which was a mistake to pursue in the first place.)

    I also fault the Florida legal system itself. In other states there is a "Guilty but mentally ill" verdict which could have served the prosecution well here. That verdict carries the same sentence as a guilty verdict, but time will be spent in a mental hospital until "cured." Granted, there is no known cure for sociopathy, but that is not the jury's problem to solve. The fact remains Casey IS a sociopath and that this is a mental illness. This could have given the prosecution an opportunity to show more clarity as to her motive for killing Caylee. Sociopaths only care about themselves, and jealousy was at the heart of this murder. Cindy even states as much in the myspace posting she had made shortly after Caylee was being kept from her by Casey. Cindy gave all her love to Caylee, the love that Casey used to receive. Casey ruthlessly took that away from her mom, willfully and spitefully.

    I think names of all jurors should be released, and their interviews will be fruitful in showing how they failed to notice the elephant in the room: Casey is a sociopath who was the only one capable of murder, and you don't make an accident look like a murder.
    1. Caylee's body decomposed - they did not, at all, know how she died.
    2. A sociopath could easily hit their kid and then their kid dies as a result accidentally. A sociopath could also neglect their kid who then dies in a bathtub. In both cases, said sociopath could then cover it up and party it up.
    3. "Not guilty" != innocent. Not guilty = we do not have enough proof to put them in jail for life or give them the death penalty. Having someone's life in your hands is too serious basing a conviction on the circumstantial evidence in this case.

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by MC.no.spin View Post
    I disagree they didn't have a clue how this child died or who did it. There was an abundance of evidence to support the fact this child was murdered by her mother. The jury failed in their responsibility to weigh the evidence properly.

    The jury failed to enter the mind of Casey, and understand what makes her tick. To this I also fault the prosecution for failing to provide a clear narrative of this (such as with psychaitrists as witnesses and their evaluations.) Perhaps they wanted to steer clear of showing mental illness for fear of an insanity defense, and it certainly would have removed the death penalty from the equation (which was a mistake to pursue in the first place.)

    I also fault the Florida legal system itself. In other states there is a "Guilty but mentally ill" verdict which could have served the prosecution well here. That verdict carries the same sentence as a guilty verdict, but time will be spent in a mental hospital until "cured." Granted, there is no known cure for sociopathy, but that is not the jury's problem to solve. The fact remains Casey IS a sociopath and that this is a mental illness. This could have given the prosecution an opportunity to show more clarity as to her motive for killing Caylee. Sociopaths only care about themselves, and jealousy was at the heart of this murder. Cindy even states as much in the myspace posting she had made shortly after Caylee was being kept from her by Casey. Cindy gave all her love to Caylee, the love that Casey used to receive. Casey ruthlessly took that away from her mom, willfully and spitefully.

    I think names of all jurors should be released, and their interviews will be fruitful in showing how they failed to notice the elephant in the room: Casey is a sociopath who was the only one capable of murder, and you don't make an accident look like a murder.
    Going by the evidence of your avatar should I assume that you are violent? Or a "sociopath"?

    While I admittedly didn't pay attention to anything about the trial I will support our system and side with the jury on this one. Mainly because they were there for the whole thing and not just parts of it like everyone outside of the courtroom. If people are protesting and calling them murderers then it is obvious to me that there may be at least one person that may take it to extreme's. As such thier names should be withheld for at least a year imo, or even better, until they give thier permission to release thier names.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #15
    Fool & Troll Handler
    MC.no.spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    1. Caylee's body decomposed - they did not, at all, know how she died.
    2. A sociopath could easily hit their kid and then their kid dies as a result accidentally. A sociopath could also neglect their kid who then dies in a bathtub. In both cases, said sociopath could then cover it up and party it up.
    3. "Not guilty" != innocent. Not guilty = we do not have enough proof to put them in jail for life or give them the death penalty. Having someone's life in your hands is too serious basing a conviction on the circumstantial evidence in this case.
    1. Duct tape was covering mouth and nose. Evidence this was a murder as testified to by the medical examiner.
    2. Both of your examples fit the charge of manslaughter of a child. Yet the jury found her not guilty of this. Also, her diary entry shows this was not an accident.
    3. This jury could have found her guilty of a lesser charge. They failed to add up the facts and resist fanciful doubts the defense was desperately trying to raise.
    "Everyone has his axe to grind - his favorite fiction to pimp. We live in a world of hustlers and clowns."
    ~ Bob Somerby

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Quote Originally Posted by MC.no.spin View Post
    1. Duct tape was covering mouth and nose. Evidence this was a murder as testified to by the medical examiner.
    2. Both of your examples fit the charge of manslaughter of a child. Yet the jury found her not guilty of this. Also, her diary entry shows this was not an accident.
    3. This jury could have found her guilty of a lesser charge. They failed to add up the facts and resist fanciful doubts the defense was desperately trying to raise.
    1. The tape may have been put on after she was dead.
    2. The point is that we don't know what happened - many things could have happened and kid drowning in a bathtub or pool is not manslaughter.
    3. Your confidence is misplaced.

  7. #17
    User stelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    05-31-13 @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    129

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    What about the scuzzy guy who found the body AFTER the area had been combed, and then kept it for a week hoping for a quick buck?

    The fact is, NOBODY knows what happened. Circumstantially, it looks like Casey might have done it, or at least been in on it, but that doesn't PROVE anything.

    This whole thing was such a media circus from the git-go, we'll never get to the truth now. Lawyers who weren't even on the case were commenting on TV. It was all over the tabloids. Meanwhile there were other kids benig murdered every day all over the world and not many people noticed. This whole thing was a diversionary tactic. What people should ask themselves when they see this kind of media circus is, "What's going on in the world that they don't want us to notice?"

    While I understand outrage at the murder of a child, the mob should be angry at the media instead of calling for someone to be convicted and sentenced to death on circumstantial evidence. That could hurt us all in the long run.

  8. #18
    User The Toast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-22-11 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    ^So the smell of a decomposing body in her car and 87 searches on chloroform doesn't make you wonder?
    "Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong."
    l Jurors Safety? l Pro-Choice or Pro-Death? l Poop, Global Warming l Denver Airport Conspiracy l


  9. #19
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    Our national obsession with this case is ****ing despicable.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #20
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    07-10-11 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6

    Re: Casey Anthony Verdict, jurors safety?

    It is absurd for our fellow americans to ever be so naive as to wish ill-will upon these 12 people who so respectfully and dutifully took time out of their lives to sit upon a panel and follow our constitution. The fact that there were people outside the courthouse chanting "justice for caylee" is understandable but by no means should their hatred be towards the 12 poor souls that had to sit through a horrific trial. The blame should be upon a prosecution and state government who failed to build a viable case against Casey Anthony. I can say I did not personally watch the trial but if there was a unanimous vote within two days of the jury going into speculation obviously someone other than the jurors failed to do their job appropriatelly. Any american who wishes harm upon these people should look and the mirror and reflect on the fact that yes Caylee is no longer with us but how about the thousands of young children who get taken from us daily. Should we not also bring justice for those children and not just Caylee. This child surely should be a stepping stone for our government in its deliberation for our child neglect laws and should stem into the abortion rulings considering it was argued that Ms. Anthony wanted nothing to do with her daughter and that there are so many mothers out there that feel the same way. It is truley saddening to hear that there are Americans who wish harm to these jurors. I say we thank them for being the few people to sit through such a devistating trial and listenging to the grusome details of Caylee's death which will surely stick in their memories for years to come.

    Wake up America!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •