Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 109

Thread: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm really shock at your low opinion of the military. I don't think we should let them go to war if they need this much supervision. Seriously, if they are not adult enough to handle something as small as this, they are not adult enough to sent to war. Adults don't put children in harms way.
    I'm starting to think that you were in such a pog unit, that you didn't get a real taste of the Army. Then again, you only served in one unit, so your experience is extremely limited. And, you did serve in DIVARTY in the elite 82nd Airborne, so I'm sure you didn't get a real taste of other breeds that exist in the Army. You damn sure never served in a grunt unit.

    When I was with 5/6 INF we kept our bayonets with the rest of our TA-50...until a soldier from 4/6 forcibly raped a chick with his bayonet. Then we had to turn them into the arms room, with our weapon.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm starting to think that you were in such a pog unit, that you didn't get a real taste of the Army. Then again, you only served in one unit, so your experience is extremely limited. And, you did serve in DIVARTY in the elite 82nd Airborne, so I'm sure you didn't get a real taste of other breeds that exist in the Army. You damn sure never served in a grunt unit.

    When I was with 5/6 INF we kept our bayonets with the rest of our TA-50...until a soldier from 4/6 forcibly raped a chick with his bayonet. Then we had to turn them into the arms room, with our weapon.
    Aparently I was in a unit that is much more professional that what you served in. We were adults, professionals. it is me arguing that soldiers are too immature to be professional and handle ****.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #83
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Aparently I was in a unit that is much more professional that what you served in. We were adults, professionals. it is me arguing that soldiers are too immature to be professional and handle ****.
    I have to agree with him. In 12 years I saw much the same.

    When you have 17 to 20, 18 to 21 year olds, it has issues to be dealt with. Immaturity and lack of professionalism is one of them.

    All the training in the world can not fix it in some cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Aparently I was in a unit that is much more professional that what you served in. We were adults, professionals. it is me arguing that soldiers are too immature to be professional and handle ****.
    You were in the rear echelon of an elite unit. Of course your experience was different.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I have to agree with him. In 12 years I saw much the same.

    When you have 17 to 20, 18 to 21 year olds, it has issues to be dealt with. Immaturity and lack of professionalism is one of them.

    All the training in the world can not fix it in some cases.
    If true, and this is too huge for them to handle, they should not be entrusted with weapons and war.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If true, and this is too huge for them to handle, they should not be entrusted with weapons and war.
    Hence the reason for the all the supervision...as has been pointed out!

    How many NCO's and officers were in your chain of command between you and the battalion commander? 5? 6?

  7. #87
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If true, and this is too huge for them to handle, they should not be entrusted with weapons and war.
    Not really, that would be over reacting to human nature. This is why we have close supervision of troops along with rigorous training etc. This way we at least make an effort to avoid things like abugarade prison or the reports on UN troops etc acting like lawless hooligans. It does not always work but considering the amount of young people who file through the military successfully, I would say it works a majority of the time. We don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water as you would suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not really, that would be over reacting to human nature. This is why we have close supervision of troops along with rigorous training etc. This way we at least make an effort to avoid things like abugarade prison or the reports on UN troops etc acting like lawless hooligans. It does not always work but considering the amount of young people who file through the military successfully, I would say it works a majority of the time. We don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water as you would suggest.
    I guess I just have a higher opinion and expectation. Many say that if they are old enough to serve, for example, they're old enough to drink. You suggest they are neither. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect enough maturity to handle much thrown at them. And if this is too much, and we're going to argue they are really children and not adults, which keep in mind I disagree with, then it is you who I think are arguing they shouldn't be in the position they are in. We don't and shouldn't give children this much responsibility.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #89
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I guess I just have a higher opinion and expectation. Many say that if they are old enough to serve, for example, they're old enough to drink. You suggest they are neither. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect enough maturity to handle much thrown at them. And if this is too much, and we're going to argue they are really children and not adults, which keep in mind I disagree with, then it is you who I think are arguing they shouldn't be in the position they are in. We don't and shouldn't give children this much responsibility.
    No, no and again no.

    You are going over the top. Did you read what I said? Did you even look at it?

    If you are not going to respond to what I actually said, please don't bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #90
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: ĎDonít Ask, Donít Tellí Ban Must Take Effect, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I guess I just have a higher opinion and expectation. Many say that if they are old enough to serve, for example, they're old enough to drink. You suggest they are neither. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect enough maturity to handle much thrown at them. And if this is too much, and we're going to argue they are really children and not adults, which keep in mind I disagree with, then it is you who I think are arguing they shouldn't be in the position they are in. We don't and shouldn't give children this much responsibility.
    Meanwhile back in the real world, if soldiers were as dsciplined and machine like as you, "expect", them to be, there would be no need for the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. No such thing as an Article 15, no sexual harassment rules, no rules of war to prevent war crimes. If soldiers didn't do stupid ****.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •